If Barbados is not paying Ms.Myrie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Barbados is not paying Ms.Myrie

or she have to go through hoops to get it, why are we joining the CCJ, if it has no bite?

Can you imagine if Jamaica did owe a Bajan, how their government would be acting?
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

They are raping her twice,much because of the same reasons.
    The thing is I suspect it was all about delaying..and now it has morphed into not paying at all.
    Barbados better show better judgement elsewhere because life as they know it is about to change if the IMF figures.

Comment

why blame the IMF? With or without the IMF it is going to take a lot of sacrifice. You think if they don't get IMF money it is not going to be ruff for them??

I think they are going to the IMF only if they have no choice.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Re: Barbados

Originally posted by Rockman View Post
        Barbados better show better judgement elsewhere because life as they know it is about to change if the IMF figures.
        Rockman, Barbadians, in my opinion, deserve the standard of living they have experienced since 1966. They worked for it in their own way! As such, your statement, “life as they know it is about to change if the IMF figures” is a statement that smacks of…. maybe jealousy?

Jamaica got independence four years before Barbados, and with our much greater natural and human resources, we should have been ahead of Barbados in the socio-economic arena; in the human development index. Unfortunately our leaders -- in particular YOUR leaders -- have, over the years, made the type of decisions that have made us a failure today.

Reading some comments on this forum over the past several years, I am not surprised at the failure of our leadership. Maybe the problem is not the leaders only, but more so the people ….

Just wonderin’

Comment

what you afraid to say so??? Our people don't demand leadership, especially from their favorite group. The type of leadership reflects the policies, and accountability. It is not so much the vote but the expectation and holding them accountable.. How can you support a party and see them a keep up fery and your only answer is the other one is worst???

Comment

I have nothing to do with the inevitable relationship between Barbados and The IMF.
            That(when it happens)represent a change,with Barbafos having less say regarding its economy.
            How can Jamaica be an abysmal failure with passing grades?
            Even when we severed ties with the IMF their policies remained.
            I do not remember the name of the country that used half of the IMF funds to better itself and decided to give back the remaining half,why not use the remaining half?
            If I would advise Barbados the same way I would Jamaica,how can that be jealousy?

Comment

Sass,signing an IMF agreement invariably leads to policy changes.....

Comment

Advising Barbados

Boss, the very last thing that Barbados needs is advice from ANY Jamaican! Look where we are after fifty years of independence and self government!

Thankfully, we still have underperforming Haiti and Guyana to cushion our stay at the bottom of the Caribbean ladder.

Originally posted by Rockman View Post
                I have nothing to do with the inevitable relationship between Barbados and The IMF.
                That(when it happens)represent a change,with Barbafos having less say regarding its economy.
                How can Jamaica be an abysmal failure with passing grades?
                Even when we severed ties with the IMF their policies remained.
                I do not remember the name of the country that used half of the IMF funds to better itself and decided to give back the remaining half,why not use the remaining half?
                If I would advise Barbados the same way I would Jamaica,how can that be jealousy?

Comment

It does, but why did you have to sign it? If you were running your country good then you don't need IMF loans. If agreements usually signify that governments have not made the necessary adjustments they should have made. If they don't get an IMF agreement, they either going to continue live make critical adjustment, put it off or run up more debt.

The fact is, it is not IMF that is the problem.

Comment

Indeed,you are having problems why you turn to the IMF,the sad truth is you are asking for more problems when you do that.
                    What Barbados has is its fixed rate,the IMF aim is to change that.

Comment

Many countries have been able to get IMF loans and move on, not caught up in the kind of debt trap we are in with or without the IMF. We are our worst enemy,

Comment

Working...
                      X