Treasure Beach: The Hidden Gem of Jamaica

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Treasure Beach: The Hidden Gem of Jamaica

Dougie’s Bar at Jakes on Treasure Beach. (Courtesy: Jakes)
    Ask anyone who has been there where their favorite spot is in Jamaica, and they’ll likely name resorts in Negril, Montego Bay, or Ocho Rios.
    I recently told a colleague I’d be visiting the Caribbean country. “Where?” she inquired, and said she’d been everywhere there.
    “Treasure Beach,” I replied.
    She’d never heard of it.
    This sleepy beachside village on the south side of the island is a two-plus-hour drive of sharp curves, narrow roads, and pot holes from both Kingston’s and Montego Bay’s airports, but it’s worth every bout of nausea you’ll encounter along the way.
    https://www.yahoo.com/travel/treasur...426165867.html
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

I've had a few cold ones at that bar. This was a few years ago.

Treasure beach is fine. It's off the beaten tourist path; so it is a more relaxed atmosphere.

The sea sand is volcanic (black/dark).

I would visit again.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

ehh...not my cup of tea...beaches are ugly...negril on the cliffs is much better than treasure beach...

Comment

But Bricktop,there is always bikini clad women there and you can always depend on your bredren giving you that timely call if.....

Comment

Desmond Henry used to promote Treasure Beach a lot!
          Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
          - Langston Hughes

Comment

Working...
          X