RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GOP Still in self destruct mode.Labarite Agenda.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GOP Still in self destruct mode.Labarite Agenda.

House Majority Leader Cantor defeated in primary

Print Email
    28 minutes ago • ALAN SUDERMAN Associated Press0

House Majority Leader Eric Cantor of Va., listens at right as House Speaker John Boehner of Ohio, during a news conference on Capitol Hill in Washington, Tuesday, June 10, 2014. Cantor faces a challenge from a political newcomer backed by the tea party as Virginia voters go to the polls Tuesday for three congressional primaries. Cantor was once popular in the tea party but has now become its target. (AP Photo/J. Scott Applewhite)

Enlarge Photo

RICHMOND, Va. • House Majority Leader Eric Cantor was defeated Tuesday by a little-known economics professor in Virginia's Republican primary, a stunning upset and major victory for the tea party.

Cantor is the second-most powerful member of the U.S. House and was seen by some as a possible successor to the House speaker.

His loss to Dave Brat, a political novice with little money marks a huge victory for the tea party movement, which supported Cantor just a few years ago.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/g...509245cfb.html
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

That is how democracy works. You feel you are a better candidate you put yourself forward and do your thing.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

does it work ?

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

yep. If it didn't work Hillary Clinton would be siting in the White house right now.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

For whose interest does it work ?

Comment

the people gets an opportunity to listen to ideas and policies. It is up to the people if they don't want to listen. Should our leaders be grandfather/grandmother in? because they feel they pay their dues? I don't believe so.

My former friend Alan Thompson(former mayor of Spring Valley) proved this as he sold his idea and came in change the town around and all the established politicians before him was running it in the ground. Obama was the best choice yet he wasn't the early favorite or known nationally.

Comment

Whose interest does it work for, people listening to ideas , doesnt mean it works, who is promoting the ideas , is it the politician , the man behind the politician ,or both ?

Comment

that is for the people to decide, that is why you pay attention and make good decision.

Comment

So the people decide if voting for a politician is in their interest ,granted the politician and man behind the politician(media ,oil,internet,etc mogul) has other interest.

Now yuh see how di worl run, and it aguh get worseeeeee.Jamaica magnifies dat a 100000% all dawg a vote wid placard...JLP/PNP dawg.

Comment

you have to decide what better, democracy or Tyranny. People have to realize the power of the vote and what change really is. Most Jamaicans don't really think democracy first, they have other interest.

Comment

Yep, as Winston Churchill once said.....

Many forms of Government have been tried, and will be tried in this world of sin and woe. No one pretends that democracy is perfect or all-wise. Indeed it has been said that democracy is the worst form of Government except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time.…
                      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

This is a significant development. Cantor is one of the more conservative members of Congress, and he embraced the Tea Party. If he is now not extreme enough for them then I cannot think of any Republican with mainstream appeal who would be.

The Tea Party movement is looking more and more like a case of a revolution eating its own.
                        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

...maybe democrats went out in large numbers to vote for the tea party delegate....
                          The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Some states allow that, some don't.

It should still be a safe Republican seat though.

Comment

Working...
                            X