No announcement yet.

The Bowe Bergdahl Swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He has certainly outwitted them on many occasions but unfortunately the end result is that very little has been accomplished by his administration in this second term and even less by the GOP-led Congress.
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

this is the problem i always have with you, you read all kinda stuff.

i am not saying that the soldier was pardoned. i am saying that despite the unpopularity his actions might cause, he does not care because he is a lame duck and what is done is done, they cannot hurt him again.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
        He has certainly outwitted them on many occasions but unfortunately the end result is that very little has been accomplished by his administration in this second term and even less by the GOP-led Congress.
        Ahem!
        - Unemployment movement down to 6+% (near 5%)

---

Winding down of 2 wars!!!!

---

ObamaCare!

----

Housing! The number of measures he took and has continuing astounding! ...and has had and is having astounding success!!!

Housing market - Foreclosure rates, etc.

Search this reputable independent site.

http://www.realtytrac.com/statsandtr...closuretrends/

Housing is a biggie! <--- That is an understatement!

-------

Minimum wage increase - Battle already won!!!
        Trus mi pan dis yah wan!!!

-------

...but why should I go on touting current accomplishments to add to HL's?

I think when the history is written...he shall be considered a great President!!!!

Lame Duck?
        Well this Lame Duck has the Republicans currently off-balance. Perhaps, there may even be a route' in the coming Congressional Elections!!! I certainly do not think the Senate shall go Republican...and the House I expect shall not be the resounding victory party the Republican pollsters all claim by a nail-biter!!!!
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
          this is the problem i always have with you, you read all kinda stuff.

i am not saying that the soldier was pardoned. i am saying that despite the unpopularity his actions might cause, he does not care because he is a lame duck and what is done is done, they cannot hurt him again.
          You have connected the dots!
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

I have my own conspiracy theory, but I don't want to hit the nail on the head and have my post flagged by the Observers. Seeing how calculated the president is in making his decisions regardless of popularity, I find it hard to believe that he would make such a huge mistake. The media is focusing on the returning soldier and less on the 5 Ibans. How's Russia's economy since Putin's efforts to rebuild the USSR?
            Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Karl you need to read what I posted. I specifically said in this second term very little has been accomplished. I stand by that.

I already stated my position on Obamacare. It is still very unpopular among the general public, partly because it really doesn't have a direct impact on most of the middle class. However I think it will eventually be accepted as a step in the right direction.

Apart from Obamacare and being the first black president he will probably be most remembered as the first president to fully embrace the gay rights movement which must be VERY uncomfortable for many of his strongest supporters on this forum, lol.

Other than those his accomplishments have been so-so. His election was historic and I give his overall performance a passing grade but a great president? Not in my view.
              "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

I will remember him as reversing the philosophy held by many that America needs to throw its might around the world as soon a little trouble is brewing.

That for me is earthshaking!

Of course, if the next president goes back to committing troops to dubious wars, then Barack's philosophy might be forgotten. But as soon as the draped coffins start returning, uncounted and unceremoniously, maybe some may see the wisdom in it.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
                  Karl you need to read what I posted. I specifically said in this second term very little has been accomplished. I stand by that.

I already stated my position on Obamacare. It is still very unpopular among the general public, partly because it really doesn't have a direct impact on most of the middle class. However I think it will eventually be accepted as a step in the right direction.

Apart from Obamacare and being the first black president he will probably be most remembered as the first president to fully embrace the gay rights movement which must be VERY uncomfortable for many of his strongest supporters on this forum, lol.

Other than those his accomplishments have been so-so. His election was historic and I give his overall performance a passing grade but a great president? Not in my view.
                  I guess you do not give any credit to the President's accomplishment that are present continuous. ...be that as it may, his accomplishments in this his 2nd term are numerous.

Today is not the day for me to list them. Hopefully I shall get to them at a later date.

btw - Forgive me for the comparative little time I have been spending on the form. Extremely busy elsewhere and that includes watching as many pre-World Cup matches...repeatedly and carefully.

Comment

You taking notes while you watch??
                    Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
                      You taking notes while you watch??
                      Sometimes!

Comment

On Thursday half a million “IMPEACH OBAMA FOR LEAVING AN AMERICAN BEHIND IN AFGHANISTAN” signs were found by sanitation workers next to a dumpster behind the Washington-based headquarters of the Republican National Committee.
                        G.O.P. chairman Rence Priebus said," We know nothing about the litter found in the alley behind our national office. We suspect this is part of an orchestrated mainstream media smear campaign. For the record, we are opposed to littering."

http://m.azstarnet.com/news/article_...ile_touch=true
                        Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

is this a hoax?!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
                          X