Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Didn't She Just Lose On Purpose

https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/719...6CBC2w45bqWhx8

"‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

why?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Dat too stereotypical for me. Watermelon eating contests between "colored" people was a common form of entertainment back in the Jim Crow days.

"‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

I have always heard jokes about Blacks and eating watermelon, but didn't know where it came from. Good to know.
          "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

I remember in college I told my white roommate that I was going over to KFC. He started laughing. Since he was a drug user, I thought maybe he was having a moment until he explained the whole fried chicken/watermelon thing.

I couldn't care less.

I don't mess with fried chicken like I used to but I still eat my watermelon with pride, not like that "lady" who hogged it. Stereotype or no stereotype, she was an embarrassment.

Hey, watermelon is good food. Not going to make some silly stereotype keep me from consuming it. Hey, I use knife and fork when I eat watermelon. (Got to get those seeds out carefully! ) The slobbering ting, not into it! That's what embarrasses me, not that she was eating watermelon.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I would say that the Chinese eat more watermelon than blacks combined since it's their national fruit.
              Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Funny stuff, I think it is really unusual how some things are picked for ridicule, my observation is that it is the ridiculers themselves that really love those things and try to hide it by pointing elsewhere.

Comment

Watermelon is without a doubt one of my favorite fruits. There is hardly a time that it is in season and not in my home.

You would never get me participating in a watermelon eating contest though. I can guarantee you that.

Comment

China seem to have two national fruits and none of them is the watermelon.

See Jubjube & Kiwifruit - The National fruit of China
                    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Working...
                    X