Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blythe settles Finsac debt

‘I understand why others committed suicide’

“My God, my God, my God, my God, it was a weight,” Blythe responded last Thursday when the Jamaica Observer asked how he felt after making the final payment.

“As a matter of fact, I’m not normally a person who consumes any form of alcohol, and I remember that evening I took a half-glass of wine in celebrating the relief,” he added with a laugh. “Because it’s really a burden, you know.”

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/...es-Finsac-debt
    Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
    - Langston Hughes

Blythe thinks it is over,it isn't.
    Hopefully he has enough strength for what is to come.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockman View Post
      Blythe thinks it is over,it isn't.
      Hopefully he has enough strength for what is to come.
      ...and what is that that shall come?
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Nice post, MdmeX!

Real Estate for ordinary people ah di Don!!!
        Good that the Doc could live up to his obligations.

- Now what is the thinking on the point he made on the previous collector and the one he was able to 'work with'?

- If both were PNP appointees...then it would appear it was 'collector' he had a problem with and not a political party...right?

So when do we say, 'di government' and do not mean 'fellow ordinary citizens' and not a political party? When is it, our (own people) 'friends' who are gumming up the works and not some 'wisp' that we hide behind when we are our own worst enemy? ... a 'wisp' used as a crutch when convenient? ...a 'wisp' used when we cowardly cannot stand in the fire and point at ourselves - 'friends', acquaintances, former school class-mates, relatives in position of authority who rain pestilence on us! Not that 'wisp' we hide behind??
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Karl, what is the role of government in this FINSAC meltdown?

The debtor are at the mercy of this loan shark bank. When people tell you that their primary aim was not to settle, you use to have different tune. People have been trying to settle from in the 90s.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Hmmm - I have a friend now, who is going through the pangs of hells over FINSAC!

Wikkidness!!
            - Langston Hughes

Comment

it take Karl Blythe fi convince you that people are still affected today. Some on the forum a talk bout forget FINSAC and what it has done.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                it take Karl Blythe fi convince you that people are still affected today. Some on the forum a talk bout forget FINSAC and what it has done.

Not me Sass --- I read about too many people who experiencing the EVIL, and some I know.
                - Langston Hughes

Comment

I know not you. LOL. but some people on the forum treating it like a scant political activity, when it is biggest economic disaster that has ever hit Jamaica and continue to affect.

Comment

I know not you. LOL. but some people on the forum treating it like a scant political activity, when it is biggest economic disaster that has ever hit Jamaica and continue to affect.
                    ..... as usual, light tun on and the roach dem scatter!
                    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

The debtor are at the mercy of this loan shark bank. When people tell you that their primary aim was not to settle, you use to have different tune. People have been trying to settle from in the 90s.
                      ......poof..........
                      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

You have a problem remembering facts.
                        Never have I said or even hinted that I was against borrowers attempts at servicing their loans or honoring their obligations. My posts are on this site. Please do a 'search'!!!

btw - On another note which bank are you claiming is a
                        loan shark bank
                        . I am curious as to its name. ...and please do not name this bank that Blythe states he has been working with from 'day one'? ...as he has pointedly told us that it was not the bank...a bank policy that gave him a hard time but an individual at the bank.

Comment

btw - Sass, which came first persons putting selves in debt

btw - Sass, which came first persons putting selves in debt or FINSAC? Who has greatest of responsibility for that horrible painful exercise? Those who over-reached and plunged selves in debt or after they had hung selves out to dry...the late arriving on the scene, FINSAC?

Just asking, which situation you consider self responsible for the debt you embraced or the pain you suffer when you default on same?

Comment

Karl any bank who charge unreasonable sum is loan shark. Check out the interest they added to people account instead of trying to settle. In that 7 years imagine how much interest Mr. Blythe paid them. Don't fool yourself bout they were ready to settle then.

Comment

What came first was the government charging about 60 percent interest rate on people's loan. Without that many would not be in that position. Many of the people who borrow were not greedy people but regular business people who thought they were doing everyday transactions to better themselves and their family.

Finsac was disaster from start to finish. Plus who is elected to look out for the interest of the people???? Is it the "nice Beal bank manager?".
                              Last edited by Assasin; June 3, 2014, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X