X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Policeman box mad man, mad man box policeman

I wonder how it ended?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater
    The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Tired to say it - our police have no clue how to deal with these situations. They deserve anyting dat reach dem. And that does not apply the other way!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Come now Mosiah that is not a responsible statement. You are what, the anti-Peart?
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

What is irresponsible about that?

For God's sake learn how to handle these situations, how to bring tensions under control quickly and with as little harm to all involved and especially to those who are not!

Sick of the blue seam a haul man by dem pants waist and trying to humiliate suspects in public. If they can't do that simple task then maybe it's not such a bad thing when they get humiliated.

Cho man!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

No doubt that these policemen and those like them deserve disciplinary action if not dismissal when these videos are made public.

But.....

They deserve anyting dat reach dem.
          In the context of Jamaican jungle justice, the tone of that statement is disturbing.
          "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

There is a bigger point to be made here,how the system deals with mentally ill people.
            I am sure thiss one will be handled properly because of it widely publicized.
            He can't be found guilty of assaulti.g an officer,could he have been found guilty of whatever the police intended to charge him with?
            Are police officers the right people to handle cases involving mad people?

Comment

Yes I agree. The Jamaican situation is such that it is inevitable that the police will be in contact with them from time to time though. It is not unusual to see a "madman" walking round with a big rock stone or some such weapon in his hand. It is how they handle the situation that makes all the difference. I wonder how much training our police get to deal with the mentally ill.

Comment

dealing with the mentally ill is challenging even in the US where oftentimes they are shot or treated roughly as they are seen as danger to the police.

Our police have to be trained but it is still a challenging issue, where to draw the line.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

The lines are blurred,and that is a problem.The cops could have killed him and nothing probably would come of it.Two distinctly different outcomes of the same situation with none favoured over the other.
                  There are those less lethal weapons too...
                  A madman roaming the streets is financially beneficial for the govt whose duty it is to care for them.The likelihood of contact with mad people is increased because of dereliction....
                  If we want to see how our govt deals with mentally ill people just take a look at prisons..
                  Cops call the dog catcher to handle cases. involving threatening dogs,should they call they guy whose job it is to deal with madman?

Comment

It sound a way yes, but what I meant was, they deserve it when dem pick up a box or two from the suspect or even a passerby. Would never say they deserve death! But I do realise the statement was a little cayliss.

Sorry and thanks!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
                      Yes I agree. The Jamaican situation is such that it is inevitable that the police will be in contact with them from time to time though. It is not unusual to see a "madman" walking round with a big rock stone or some such weapon in his hand. It is how they handle the situation that makes all the difference. I wonder how much training our police get to deal with the mentally ill.
                      The JCF does not have the equipment or the training to handle mental cases. There are standing orders to police to avoid contact with mad people but sometimes they have to make contact.

How do you subdue an aggressive mad man without killing him?

You could surprise him and use a few guys to hold him and handcuff him but those guys should not be carrying rifles!

If you have a taser (JCF does not have tasers) then you could taser him and hope it disables him long enough for you to handcuff him.

What you don't do is box him and get into him face and tell him to keep quiet.
                      The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Time View Post
                        What you don't do is box him and get into him face and tell him to keep quiet.
                        Aaaah!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                        X