Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ‘Man shouldn’t have reached police station’

‘Man shouldn’t have reached police station’
    BY ALICIA SUTHERLAND Observer staff reporter sutherlanda@jamaicaobserver.com
    Tuesday, May 27, 2014

PORUS, Manchester — Speaker of the House Michael Peart struck a controversial note when he appeared to support vigilante justice at a thanksgiving service on Sunday for the victims of a triple murder late last month.
    “… Sometimes things happen in our communities and we take it too simple. That man shouldn’t have reached police station,” Peart, who is also Member of Parliament for South Manchester (PNP), declared to assenting shouts from the congregation.

http://m.jamaicaobserver.com/mobile/...olice-station-

BLACK LIVES MATTER

These recent utterances from the party tell me that maybe it's time to give some of these politicians a rest. Trouble is, the opposition does not exactly inspire confidence.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

politicians have been making those utterances all the time....mi nuh si it as a "recent" phenomena

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

idiots and loose mouths are not limited to any sides.

Of all the happenings and utterance recently, I find it interesting that "Bebe" and Paul Burke has been drafted in the party, when they have cases to answer to and there is an "Integrity commission".
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

i heard a series of questions being asked about "bebe" and his high profile lifestyle on nationwide news. the most interesting was that it was said that he sometimes preached at a couple of churches and that he was a promoter. when asked a promter of what, the guest says that doesn't want to get into that....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Some of our people are just crazy!
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

My thing is if Peart can suggest to ordinary citizens,whose duty isn't crime management,then it is not far-fetched to thingk he endorses summary execution by agents by the State.

Comment

Can someone tell me why JFLAG took an interest in this crime? Is there something not being said?

Comment

Whatever happened to that body that was set up by the PNP to ensure that they acted above board and all those good things?!? I guess the members were doing their jobs so all of a sudden they were unceremoniously disbanded?!?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Rudi View Post
                    Can someone tell me why JFLAG took an interest in this crime? Is there something not being said?
                    They also took an interest in the killing of the PNP activist in Mobay. Maybe they have a new strategy to comment on the high profile cases that everyone can identify with?
                    The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Working...
                    X