Extreme Capitalism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extreme Capitalism

Capitalism generates the greatest profit when labor is the cheapest and the cheapest labor is slavery. This idea of forcing people accused of a civil violation to work is just a bad as slavery. People who are not convicted of a crime should not be forced to work and if they volunteer to work then they be paid the federal minimum wage.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/lates...r-cheap-labour
    The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

your definition of capitalism is totally wrong. Take the IT industry for example. Workers are highy paid and huge profits are also derived. IT industry doesn't need low cost labor.

What make capitalism profitable is mark up on product. Some companies are making profits and share it and are doing great. Just look at the model by Walmart and then look at Cosco and see the difference. Costo pay its work highly, keep them for longer time and only promote within, unlike Walmart.

On that subject, many communist country do the same. Prisoners as laborer is still common in many states and debated. I often see prisoners picking up papers on roadside, is that a bad things or should we higher people to do that?

People will take advantage but it is good that this is coming to the fore and need to be investigated and dealt with. Do you think this is a major earning industry?
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

It is a major earning/saving industry,there is commerce within the prison and the cost incurred by the prisoners are not deferred.
      The IT industry is heavily involved in outsourcing,fidn't Nike take better vare of their US employees that the ones from China?
      Which group is at risk to being extinct?
      The same in IT.
      Capitalism as we know it,it is invariably extreme.
      Last edited by Rockman; May 26, 2014, 12:20 PM.

Comment

So wait China is a communist country so why don't defend their workers?
        The fact is as bad as Nike workers in China is treated, many working for Communist Chinese companies are been treated worst. How do you explain that????
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Look,the labeling is a problem,if it walks and quacksike a duck then...
          Not so with Capitalism,it is given a free ride.
          China's approach mirrors that of the capitalists,if the workers are not making the
          money then who is?
          Do not take things at face value.
          Back to capitalism,wby is it that they prefer to deal with communists countries?
          It fits their agenda,Shell can use the cruelty of such govts to enforce their will which is to abuse tge citizens.

Comment

Did you answer my question? They deal with both communists and capitalist countries. The fact is capitalists or communist, you will find people who take advantage of cheap labor. It is not a capitalist thing. Look on all the communist countries that have slave, child and force labor and still continue to do so, and have people working in sub human condition. Not just recent in China, this has been for a while.

On the subject of prisoner work, what is "hard labor"? Many state now asking if prisoners should be put to work to pay society for what they have done and other factors are saying they are taking jobs. It is something to consider.

Comment

Look,capitalism isn't a form of political governance,Communism is.
              In both instances you are raped but the difference is in one case you will not wake up finding out all your worthwhile resources were snatched up by outsiders,that is life after communism.

In recent years,a judge handling juvenile cases was himself imprisoned for taking kick backd,every child went to prison in his court.
              If almost free labour from prisoners is encouraged,wouldn't there be an inclination to build that workforce?

Comment

Wake up Rockman. How many resources the poor in Communist countries have??? Sub human condition are just that, regardless what system it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                  your definition of capitalism is totally wrong. Take the IT industry for example. Workers are highy paid and huge profits are also derived. IT industry doesn't need low cost labor.

What make capitalism profitable is mark up on product. Some companies are making profits and share it and are doing great. Just look at the model by Walmart and then look at Cosco and see the difference. Costo pay its work highly, keep them for longer time and only promote within, unlike Walmart.

On that subject, many communist country do the same. Prisoners as laborer is still common in many states and debated. I often see prisoners picking up papers on roadside, is that a bad things or should we higher people to do that?

People will take advantage but it is good that this is coming to the fore and need to be investigated and dealt with. Do you think this is a major earning industry?
                  The greatest profit mark up is when labor is cheap. In most cases the IT industry cannot find enough low cost labor because it is expensive for the worker to acquire those skills. However, when they do find it in english speaking India they grab it with both arms, it is called outsourcing. Back to the prison issue, the problem is that some of the prisons are owned by capitalist and/or some of the services are provided by capitalists therefore there is a profit to me made. Its unethical for an investor to be making a profit from forced labor.
                  The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

But what about the prisons that are owned by the state and use to make products. China is known for that. The fact is relative to other industry IT provides a lot higher paying job. The labor maybe cheap in US term but compare it to most industries in other countries and you will see. IT workers are normally paid much higher that the average host countries other industries and worst as the industry builds in these countries so too does the cost of labor.

Comment

Here is a good read

Prison Labor: Can U.S. Point Finger at China?

By Paul Blustein
                      Washington Post Staff Writer
                      Tuesday, June 3 1997; Page C01

Horror stories are surfacing anew about the Chinese prison labor system and the sale of its products in the United States. But consider what is happening to the 64,000 U.S. convicts in the Florida prison system:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv...ison060397.htm

Comment

I do not think China is promoted as the paradigm of compassion for human rights issues.
                        Regarding the ongoing outsourcing of IT jobs,what matters is the effect it has on the US workforce.They buy the product but has no real job security in the makong of the product.
                        You were told demand and supply determine cost.
                        Are these products cheaper because of outsourcing?

Comment

US prisoners can point to the change they make as separating them from their counterparts in China,that would be akin to the US pointing to China prison labour practices as a mean to deflect attention from the shortfalls of their own.

Comment

Working...
                          X