Dear Uncle Brendan (Bain)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dear Uncle Brendan (Bain)

The last time I went to a church service was maybe two years ago. ‘Two years too long!’ for some of my friends; ‘As recently as that?!’ for others. I had been talking to a friend from Syria, trying to explain this aspect of my life, my background, that still shapes so much of what I do and how I think. So I said, let us go. And she said, yes. It was a pity that I couldn’t take her to a Jamaican church – we were not in Jamaica – but this one would do. It was a lovely church community of people who didn’t just practice their religion on a Sunday morning but were committed and engaged in broader programmes of social justice – building schools, sheltering immigrants in their homes, inviting those who existed on the periphery of society into their fold.

read the rest here :https://keimiller.wordpress.com/2014...s-have-become/
    Last edited by Peter R; May 24, 2014, 04:32 PM.
    Peter R

Well said. GI di man back I'm work,again the agenda is using a smoke screen to push an issue. Saying that eradicating buggery laws has not led to an increase in HIV or Aids is disingenuous. HIV and Aids are two different disease process.

1) It has been arrested in the 1st world by vigorous subsidized medication.Which they can afford.Individuals live longer with HIV/Aids in 1st world nations not so in 3rd world nations,why?

2) No third world nation has the resource or the luxury to experiment with a sexual,social and economic theory with devastating consequences.

3) Look at the CDC data on 1st world nations on STDs associated with HIV/AIDS and blood borne diseases.

4)Individuals die quicker in 3rd world nations ,not only from Aids but Aids associated blood borne diseases e.g Hepatitis.

Unnuh can tan deh.
    Last edited by Sir X; May 24, 2014, 07:05 PM.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

The proof HIV is basically the precursor to AIDS, AIDS means its over.HIV means infected can be treated , live longer.

The Agenda wants us to believe that liberalised sex, has not led to a increase in AIDS, true but the reason is people are living longer with HIV.

I suspect its an inconvienent truth that they want hidden.

1st world nations have arrested HIV, so the cases of AIDS deaths have decreaed, but have the transmission rates for HIV decreased.There have been mumblings in the USA that HIV rates have increased, and people are living longer because of subsidized medical therapy.

Evidence shows increasing rates of HIV transmission in a number of European countries, particularly among men who have sex with men (MSM). 6 Additionally, the number of people living with HIV who are unaware of their status is alarmingly high and many people are diagnosed with HIV at a late stage, reducing the likelihood of treatment success. - See more at: http://www.avert.org/hiv-aids-wester....tivSR2eo.dpuf

I use Europe because they have legalised MSM from the middle 90s, that should be the case study.Incidentally as I keep saying, blood borne disease associated with AIDS/HIV is on the rise in the USA.

Mi dun talk.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Impact on Gay and Bisexual Men

* While estimates show that men who have sex with men (MSM) comprise only about 2% of the U.S. population, this group accounts for most new HIV infections (63% in 2010, with an additional 3% occurring in MSM with a history of injection drug use).4,5 Between 2008 and 2010, annual new HIV infections increased 12% among MSM.4
        *Among MSM, whites accounted for the largest number of new infections (11,200) in 2010, followed by Blacks (10,600).4
        *Younger MSM (ages 13-24) are at particular risk. In 2010, this group accounted for 1 in 5 (19%) of all new HIV infections and 30% of new infections among all MSM. Among Black MSM, this age group accounted for 45% of new infections.4
        *New infections among MSM ages 13-24 increased by 22% between 2008 and 2010, the most significant increase of any age group.4
        *A study in 20 major U.S. cities found that about 1 in 5 (18%) MSM is already living with HIV, with even higher prevalence among Black MSM, and many are unaware of their infection.20

http://kff.org/hivaids/fact-sheet/th...united-states/

We nuh ave a 29 billion dollar budget , more like a 29 dollar us budget,If wi caan finance Wada wid an estimated 15 to 50 Olympic atlethes how wi aguh manage diss, when dem start program di youth say, anything ,goes.

Comment

Correction It should be look at the data from CDC and WHO for a comparable study on the HIV- AIDS crisis between 1st, 3rd and developing nations.

Anyone who looks at the issue without factoring economics, is living in lala land.

Man caan barely afford a condom in 3rd world nations but unnuh waan dem buy HIV antiviral which run in the $1000 for a pill...betta yet beg di IMF and WORl BANK fi funding .....kissteeeth.

Dem man deh wicked.Mi nuh gainst dem but dat affi wait till Jamaica can afford it, reach 1st world ! den unnuh can free up unnuh ting.

Comment

Sometimes you have to go back to the root in order to have the correct perspective.
            If erection and ejaculation were intensely painful as giving birth is for woman,hard to see man using it other than it was designed.

Comment

The article, I interpret to defend Dr Bain's integrity while at the same time the writer does not agree with the law. We must remember that the buggery law is archaic in a literal sense, and it was not put in place because of HIV/AIDS.

The questions are: Does the law prevents HIV/AIDS transmission? Or is the transmission what it is in spite of the law, and removing it would have no effect on spread of the virus?

And the last adjunct question is this: Is making a human sexual behaviour or act (because that's what it is, and has been with us since forever and will always be with us so..) a criminal one something that a just society should have on its books?

I have not read through your data, but I suspect some answers might be there...
              Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
                And the last adjunct question is this: Is making a human sexual behaviour or act (because that's what it is, and has been with us since forever and will always be with us so..) a criminal one something that a just society should have on its books?
                Haven't we answered that question already? Can I legally have sex with my dog...my daughter...my dead ex-girlfriend? Are we a just society?

Comment

Alot of questions Peter that the agenda twist to their benefit,1st the impression that one has nothing to fear if MSM was legalised in 3rd world natiins because HIV/AIDS is on the decline.

That position is disingenious because they are using 1st world data to skew the statement,when the data shows AIDS has been arrested while HIV is on the up,Skewed because they loop them as one.Why ?

More questions as to the financial resources that the 1st world has to subsidize HIV and AIDS treatment which when compared to 3rd world nations makes a mockery of their MSM theory and legalization.

The law as defence to arrest HIV/AIDS in 3rd world nations,Laws are inplace to curb natural behavior which humans normally partake in e.g of this are numerous corruption,marriage- adultery even simple things like loitering and red lights without them we would have chaos of course it can be used to arrest disease process, it does so every day.There are healthcare laws to prevent the transmission of diseases in hospitals,such as washing hands before and after every contact with a patient,if not done you can be terminated.Its natural for healthcare practioners to examine patients ,even greet them with a pat or touch.

Why not laws against a blood borne disease that puts a nation health at risk,liberalization of sex as you can see in the data has led to increase in HIV in young men that range fron 13 to mid 20s , that wasnt the case 30 years ago.This can only be attributed to one thing.

To argue for or against MSM legalization must be looked at in the context of resources between 1st and 3rd world,looking at it in anyother context is madness.
                  Last edited by Sir X; May 25, 2014, 12:52 PM.

Comment

What does this have to do with di man compromised position ?

Comment

Is di Fish dem always inna compromised position.... by definition
                      TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

If you want to have sex with the dog, your daughter, your dead ex-girlfriend then you're a sick s.o.b. ; if two adult men or women decide that's what them want to do ( and I do not know whether they "decide") diffrant ting... don't mix up mango an orange...
                        Peter R

Comment

Another question , why is HIV or AIDS not as prevelant in Muslim countries ? Dont they engage in so called natural acts (MSM) too ? what Laws are in place to prevent this spread ?
                          Last edited by Sir X; May 26, 2014, 08:59 PM.

Comment

So maybe, in the same way that some folks believe that raising the driving age will reduce the number of (alcohol-related) teen accidents and death, we should raise the age of consensual sex to twenty-one. That is what you're advocating?

The fact is that we can sit here in our blink of an eye of time and argue against something that has been happening (MSM to give it the contemporary moniker) since time immemorial and believe that that this is something that will change or be eradicated, when it is , IMO, essentially a human behaviour that is part and parcel of who we are as homo sapiens (hetero sapiens if that offends you )).

Like it or not it di deh! forever!
                            Last edited by Peter R; May 26, 2014, 08:45 PM.
                            Peter R

Comment

It seems Islamic laws has blunted it in Arab nations thats all I am saying,so anyone who says Laws wont have an effect,needs to come again.

Like I said stygmatization has a purpose and I am not for criminalizing or locking up anyone , but we can find a middle ground in the law to serve said purpose.

FYI Islamic nations have the lowest rates of HIV- AIDS.I doubt the west could put the arguement that laws havent halted its progression in Islamic states.The facts show otherwise.

The west is into a disinformation to set an agenda in 3rd world nations ,using 1st world data to propogate an eronous theory with astronomical social cost to 3rd world nations, it could be an IMF plot.

Comment

Working...
                              X