Gays to Protest Queen Ifrica in NY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gays to Protest Queen Ifrica in NY

Gay rights activists to protest Jamaican reggae star Queen Ifrica’s upcoming show

Queen Ifrica, known for her biting anti-gay lyrics and homophobic public statements, is slated to headline a concert Saturday at Amazura Concert Hall in Jamaica, Queens. “Mi nuh want si mi brother dress up inna no skirt,” she sings in her 2009 track “Keep it to Yourself,” which calls for Jamaica to be freed of gay men for the sake of the nation’s children.

BY Melissa Chan
    NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
    Klavs Bo Christensen/Rockphoto/ASSOCIATED PRESS Jamaican singer Queen Ifrica performs during the Roskilde Festival in Roskilde, Denmark Saturday, July 5, 2008. (AP Photo/Polfoto, Klavs Bo Christensen, Rockphoto)

This homophobic reggae “Queen” should not be welcomed in Queens, activists say.
    About 100 LGBT rights supporters will protest an upcoming concert at Jamaica’s Amazura Concert Hall that will headline Jamaican-star Queen Ifrica, whose biting anti-gay lyrics and public statements have drawn ire across the Caribbean.

Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Shifting of the target,first it was songs with lyrical contents literally taken as calling for harming homosexuals to now any dissent or disapproval.
    Give some people an inch.......
    Last edited by Rockman; May 23, 2014, 12:09 PM.

Comment

dumped from the show

Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

OOOOOO! That's not nice!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Had enough of these set of xxxx. I don't care wat people di with their lives but don't I have the tight to enjoy mine? Suppose I had bought tiks. Guess i have to go to Ja to see Queen Ifrica. And I have to hurry cause they prob soon ban her there

Comment

You and your girlfriend btreak up,you get over it and replace her with another girl,that is likely because that is the way it has always been.
            You do not go the other way because as far as you are concerned that is wrong.Who exactly are these targeted,iconic reggae artists,exactly who the gay community declare war on?
            My thing is people fi know when someone doan like dem.

Comment

Originally posted by Plush View Post
              Had enough of these set of xxxx. I don't care wat people di with their lives but don't I have the tight to enjoy mine? Suppose I had bought tiks. Guess i have to go to Ja to see Queen Ifrica. And I have to hurry cause they prob soon ban her there
              Serious ting!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
              X