No announcement yet.

Intolerant UWI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wouldn't it be easy to explain Peter Phillips televised shortfalls on smoking weed,I wonder about the things wrongly attributed to weed usage.

Comment

I agree, way too many things and most have no basis is reality and are not good reasons for weed to be illegal.

I say legalize weed, prostitution and buggery. The only victims are those persecuted by the govt for practicing them.

In fact legalize polygamy too, if a man want to have 2 wives and the 2 women want to share a husband, what business do we have saying they shouldn't be able to do that? Maybe, just maybe, more children would grow up with their father if we allowed it. I bet you all can support that one. I say the same if it is a woman and two husbands. I bet you all have a problem with this one

I am serious.
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Ganja is culturally over a 100 years.
        THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

One man and a spliff,sex involves at least two people....
          You can't be serious.

Comment

That is your line of separation, the number of people involved?

One man and his crack pipe. How about that?
            "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Yes,is one crackhead and his pipe contagious?
              Indeed to get his next hit is likely our problem(he will rob even things nailed down) butthat isn't the case with weed.The same when parallels are drawn with weed smoking and homosexuality.
              The same vigor Islandman

Comment

Ridiculous comparison if you ask me.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

No that isn't the case with weed, hence the argument about one individual vs two or more is not relevant.

The determining factor should be what effect the action in question has on society, to the best of our knowledge.

Crack is produced specifically for the purposes of getting high, smoking it can result in anti-social behavior, and it serves no productive value. Keep it illegal.

Weed use can certainly result in anti-social behavior, but it is a product of nature and has many useful properties. For me it falls on the side of being legal.

CONSENSUAL anal, oral, group, and other forms of non-traditional sex are largely unproductive but they also cause no harm to society when practiced in way to prevent or minimize the exchange of bodily fluids, so I see no reason for them to be illegal.

Comment

Intravenous needle usage....,the sharing of needles.....
                    You act as if condom usage and safe sex practices are illegal,the problem will not go away with repealing the buggery laws,in fact the pool would increase.....

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
                      I agree, way too many things and most have no basis is reality and are not good reasons for weed to be illegal.

I say legalize weed, prostitution and buggery. The only victims are those persecuted by the govt for practicing them.

In fact legalize polygamy too, if a man want to have 2 wives and the 2 women want to share a husband, what business do we have saying they shouldn't be able to do that? Maybe, just maybe, more children would grow up with their father if we allowed it. I bet you all can support that one. I say the same if it is a woman and two husbands. I bet you all have a problem with this one

I am serious.
                      I agree!

Once there is consent among sensible adults (I know, that's where the problem comes in! ), I don't have a problem.

If a group of individuals want to kill each other after consenting to the practice, why should anyone interfere?!?! I guess one could say they might be putting undue pressure on the undertakers, morgues and cemeteries, so make it illegal!

The Morgan Heritage family is effectively a polygamous one and they seem to not have one problem with it. Indeed, they appear to thrive in many ways!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Witty!

Comment

Originally posted by Rockman View Post
                          Witty!
                          My issue is the financial cost ,the liberalization of sex ,yes that is what it is has a financial cost that 3rd world nations can't bear. Try to dismiss it as a down low issue is too simplistic ,granted individuals will be on the DL regardless of legality but let's be honest stygmatization has a positive effect in dissauding behavior. E.g Yuh kill,rape or tief you will be labelled a criminal with a hard life to live.Until Jamaica can afford it,leave it in the closet.

Comment

So you're saying the buggery law is effective in reducing the numbers who practise MSM ? IMO, we criminalise behaviour that is essentially part of the human condition. Those laws WILL NOT stop homosexuality, just like maing weed illegal does not make people stop using it. That's the main point Rockman, what we need to to is educate people more about the dangers of unprotected sex and making them aware of potetial dangers of being a smoker (of anything).

I'm going to post a link to an interesting article I read as a separate thread as I think it was very well done and I agree mostly with the writer. Look for "Dear Uncle Brendan" as the post's title.
                            Peter R

Comment

Simple reasoning, if we had no laws against tiefing(corruption) would it increase or decrease, e.g corrupted business practices ? It is human nature to work around a system especially if a financial incentive is there.

If your answer is yes, then the buggery law has a good arguement to keep its place.

Dissauasion with penalties have always been in place in human history to as you say curb natural behaviour.

Comment

Working...
                              X