RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Offical CDC stats - Should Prof Bain get back his job?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offical CDC stats - Should Prof Bain get back his job?

http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/statistics/basics/ataglance.html

Was the prof fired because they believe that his opinion was based on incorrect stats or was he fired because he shouldn't have given expert opinion against the gay community?
    The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

as the head of CHART he should not be advocating the banning of a form of sexual activity...instead should be championing safe practice of said sexaul activity...that is their claim...

Comment

His views, or the facts, seem to be incongruous with the position. He had to go.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

not sure why...but mi stop kill up myself over b@ttyman long time...

Comment

Benj Message sink in. LOL
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Cya believe me eye...LOL
            "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

I think we can now officially declare that Jamaica has entered the 21st century on the issue of gay rights.

With the war now over, Maudib can now focus all his energy on burying the PNP once and for all.
              "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

The argument is that he lost the support of a large percentage of he stakeholders he was supposed to be leading, so he could no longer be effective

Comment

Originally posted by Time View Post
                  http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/statistics/basics/ataglance.html

Was the prof fired because they believe that his opinion was based on incorrect stats or was he fired because he shouldn't have given expert opinion against the gay community?

mi nuh read di article but look how many ja'can men are in american jails/prison ? ja'can women are some of the most seductive ; Do they cheat ? mi nuh kno . Jamaica need to be more tolerant and my words do not go against women I respect them .
                  Jamaica you mite get a Petroleum well with
                  United Oil by 1.31.26;You also has a NNPC option with the Abuja accord from 2022.What
                  happens then I don't know.A Petrol Well is
                  Probably forthcoming...

Comment

The decision of UWI is shocking.MrBaine's opinion is shared by most Jamaicans(that elimates the larger section of the population from being suitable),given the current laws on the books,he is advocating compliance...,and that institution saying HIV is a gay disease,a view vehemently opposed by the same sex community.
                    A witch hunt began the minute Mr Baine testified in that Belize case.
                    It would be nice to see the illegal amendments made to the application papers...,that would be the fix.

Comment

Is HIV a gay disease? Really? Heterosexuals cannot get it?

That kind of thinking is why there are 25 million people in sub-Saharan Africa who are HIV positive. That figure by the way, represents about 70% of HIV cases worldwide.

One is free to be against the homosexual lifestyle if one chooses but it is quite idiotic to make an argument for keeping an anti-buggery law by using argument about the spread of HIV. That approach might have worked in the 1980's but it is embarrassing for an expert witness to take that road today.

You don't combat HIV or any STD by criminalizing consensual sex, you combat it by educating people on how to protect themselves.

Comment

Be careful,legalizing prostitution will result in women venturing into that field that cotherwise wouldn't.
                        Would removing the buggery law lead to the same outcome(hightened movement in the high risk activity)?
                        What I was alluding to above is the decision by UWI is implicitly stating it is a gay disease,the opinions of the affected heterosexual community was irrelevant to that decision.
                        The same vigor in opposing...Islandman.

Comment

1/3 of all men who sex men in Jamaica have HIV...68% of men who sex men in Jamaica admit to being bisexual and having slept with a woman within the last year...that is what is causing the rapid spread of HIV in Jamaica...those are the facts...so while it may not be a gay disease it is being spread by the gay community

Comment

Exactly, it is spread by the down low man dem who are afraid to let people know they are sexing men, for various reasons.

This has happened even though it is illegal and unacceptable to have gay sex in Jamaica. I cannot see how anyone can think that if gay sex was legal it would be much different.

In fact, maybe the HIV spread would be reduced since more of them would be out of the closet.

Comment

one does not promote or encourage anti-social behaviour...buggery spreads a deadly virus and as such should be discouraged

Comment

Working...
                              X