No announcement yet.

Musicians: 15 of Jamaica’s All-Time Greatest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thought maybe you would have a little problem with Agustus . But while he is not the 'classic type'. I love his distinct sound, how he attack his music with originality.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I'm a little confused... you say Desi Jones was your # 1 drummer, yet you have a different drummer in the top fifteen musicians. Am I missing something?
      Peter R

Comment

Oswald Russell - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJLq17p8_kI

Comment

Re: I’m a little confused

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
          I'm a little confused... you say Desi Jones was your # 1 drummer, yet you have a different drummer in the top fifteen musicians. Am I missing something?
          Peter, boss, I long ago realized that you actually read my posts. I appreciate that!

You asked an excellent question about Desi Jones. While putting my list together, I had thought about Desi’s former Number One ranking on my list of drummers. However, he’s not on this list because (a) there are not many drummers in my “Top 15 Greatest Jamaican Musicians”; in fact, there is only ONE drummer (not including the conga drummer Larry McDonald) on this list, and (b) I had more time to think before compiling this latest personal ranking.

So, the list was prepared after much thought, which lead me to this conclusion on “Sparrow” Martin vs. Desi Jones.

Again, you asked a question which showed me that you do not miss important details (as has been shown in the past, most recently being your query about my comments -- in the other forum below -- about Jamaican “underrated” track and field coaches).

Comment

To me the list is ambigous ,what about arrangers/compositions i.e writers of music ?

To me those are the real musicians that would turn any list upside down and they are musicians.

* Jackie Mitto
            *Don Drummond
            *Teddy McCook
            * Roland Alponso
            *Bob
            *Peter
            *The Techniques as a band - gave us stalag.. one of the wickedest tunes
            *Liguidator by Harry J Allstars.

Some of the most beautiful and Historic compositions would be excluded if the standard was simply players of instruements.
            THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Working...
            X