• Anyone here ever tried acupuncture?

The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

I once had it done once...
    Peter R

Comment

i do it on my knee part of physio

Comment

I did it for the first time lst Wednesday.

I have to do it again this week.

Quite interesting. I maintain an open mind on the practice.

HL

Comment

May try it soon.
          Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Someone recommended it to me today. Did you feel in any change in your condition as a rest of the treatment

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Only when the ackee tree puncture mi big toe when mi was a boy. LOL

Sorry that a ackeepunture.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

HL, they say it can heal the sick, not raise the dead.
                "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

I was told that there would not be any immediate effect. That in my case results would be timely.

The person who recommended acupunture... suffered from migraine headaches and also had neck surgery. He reported that his migraine was gone after the first treatment. His range of motion for his neck is miraculous due to the treatment.

HL

Comment

hardi harrr harrr Tilla....

Although 'raising the dead' is on the list of ailments i notice on the Doctors' business card....

I think i may have insomnia. Trying to avoid the side effect of prescription drugs.

HL

Comment

It has been tried on me as part of recovery therapy (other part electrical stimulation) for aching limbs after a car accident.
                      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

I think i may have insomnia. Trying to avoid the side effect of prescription drugs.
                        I may need to try some of that too. Have had problems with insomnia that my doctor wanted to prescribe a drug name Ambien.

From what I have read about Ambien, I do not want to try it. Part of the side effect read like, "it can make you drive a car in your sleep without you knowing. You can have sex and not know anything about it. You can go into your kitchen at 3AM in your drawers, cowboy boots with a Mexican sombrero and sun glasses to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and yet know nothing about it next day. It goes on and on."

One thing I find tend to get me sleepy is to take a cold shower before bed. I take it as cold as I can possible bear it from head to toes. For some reason, that tends to slow me down put me out before too long.

I read somewhere where they said the cold shower lowers the body's core temperature and causes the sleepy effect.
                        "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Well I just finished the generic form of Ambien (15 tablets). Must admit it's the best rest I have had in a while.

Don't know if i carried on any of the shenanigans that you correctly described as side-effects.

I have tried lots of other products........

I am very glad that I started this thread. Tonight I will try a cold shower!~~shudder~~shudder~~(just thinking about it).

HL

Comment

Only thing with the cold shower. It is hard to do when nights are cold. Just imagine it is 4°F out and you are taking a cold shower instead of a nice hot shower?

Comment

I'll start luke-warm--then slowly go all cold for 5 minutes or so.

Anything for a good nights' sleep is worth it Tilla.

HL

Comment

Working...
                              X