• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dick defends Pusey

The Pusey Chronicles CCXV111

On RM Pusey's Case
    Published: Thursday | May 15, 2014 0 Comments
    By Devon Dick

On Monday, A.W. Sangster ended his letter to the editor by asking four questions related to senior magistrate Judith Pusey's no-case submission in the Kern Spencer light bulb case. Apparently, Sangster disagrees with Pusey's ruling but he does not give any argument to support his position. Instead, he quotes the Observer's editorial extensively but gives one sentence to me: "Columnist Rev Devon Dick argued that 'the DPP should withdraw her statements'."

I argued that the director of public prosecutions' (DPP) statements have "the potential to undermine confidence in the judiciary and the justice system" because she questioned the judge's competence on law publicly and the resident magistrate (RM) could not respond. In addition, I was uncomfortable with the DPP claiming that she could understand those citizens who believe justice was not served, as that sympathy could have many interpretations. Finally, she claimed in the media that there was an abundance of evidence before the RM.
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

So it was and hopefully so it shall ever be.

Comment

yuhseeit...

Ben...pls tek note

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

I thought this post was something inappropriate... for a family site that is
        Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
          I thought this post was something inappropriate... for a family site that is
          LOL

Comment

Working...
          X