• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coming Soon: Spanish Town to Ochie in 30 minutes

Linstead to Moneague highway to be opened August – Davies confirms
    Wednesday, May 14, 2014 | 7:25 PM

Work on the Mt Rosser leg of Highway 2000

KINGSTON, Jamaica (JIS) -- Minister of Transport, Works and Housing, Dr Omar Davies, today confirmed that the Linstead to Moneague segment of Highway 2000 will be completed in July and opened to the public in August of this year.

“Completion of this section (Linstead to Moneague), will eliminate the delays all of us have become accustomed to, in traversing Mount Rosser,” Dr Davies said.

He was making his presentation in the 2014/15 Sectoral Debate in the House of Representatives.

China Harbour Engineering Company (CHEC), builders of the highway had earlier this year promised an Independence Day opening of the Linstead/Moneague phase.

Dr Davies in Parliament also informed that work “is progressing apace” on Section 1 of the highway, Ferry to Linstead; and Section 3, Moneague to Ocho Rios, which will meet the North Coast Highway just west of Dunn’s River. “The target date of completion of these two sections is 2016,” he added.

The Minister cited benefits of the toll road when completed, including the reduction of travel time.

“The potential benefits in terms of economic activity lie in the exploitation of the lands along the highway for a range of developments. The investors in the highway, China Harbour, have clearly indicated that construction of the toll road, important as it is, is not an end in itself. Their plans involve development of commercial, housing and tourism assets in sections of the country, which are now inaccessible and will be made accessible,” Dr Davies said.
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Will I be able to ride a bicycle on that road once it has been opened? I'm still thinking of doing the "Jamaica by bike" (http://www.jamaicabybike.com/) ride this year... I just need the right bike to do it as I have a 30lb. mountain bike that just won't cut it...
    Peter R

Comment

Need to get the right bike and start training PR. You can di it!!
      The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
        Will I be able to ride a bicycle on that road once it has been opened? I'm still thinking of doing the "Jamaica by bike" (http://www.jamaicabybike.com/) ride this year... I just need the right bike to do it as I have a 30lb. mountain bike that just won't cut it...
        mi nuh know boss

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

Nice rescue job by the labourites.. that project was dead in the water under the clownrades and booyah !

Comment

HWY2K... Built by Layba!!!

Mi belly!!!!!

Comment

What is the route and each day's timing of ride...as security (yuh safe, mi bredda?) shall be key to completion (Dead man or brukup man caan ride bike).
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Karl, It's a one day ride. Start at 4AM or 5AM approximately (two different start times) depending on your average speed. Kingston to Negril over Mt Rosser. Check the site http://www.jamaicabybike.com/
                See a copy of the site's FAQ page for last year.
                FAQs
                What date/time is the 2013 Kingston to Negril Ride?
                Saturday October 19, 2013
                Toyota Jamaica Limited
                427 Spanish Town Road
                Kingston 11
                Group B (ave 15mph): Departs 4:30am
                Group A (ave 18mph): Departs 5:15am

Why are participants divided into two groups?
                The committee has decided to introduce 2 groups in an effort to exercise and encourage group control due
                to the varied fitness levels. This will also assist greatly in logistical and event management.

What will I need to start the ride?
                CPSC approved bicycle helmets are REQUIRED and must be worn while riding. NO EXCEPTIONS!
                2 bottles of fluid, properly fitting shoes, jersey and cycling shorts, and of course your bicycle.

Will there be vehicular support?
                Yes, in addition to a support vehicle(SAG), there will be a doctor, mechanic, ambulance(with 2 EMT's)
                and 2 police outriders for each group.

What happens if I have a mechanical issue?
                The mechanic attached to the support vehicle will be there to effect minor repairs to your bicycle.

Will personal vehicles be allowed?
                No personal vehicles will be allowed in the convoy. Personal support vehicles may go ahead to the scheduled stops
                and wait for their own participant if they so desire. This to facilitate, where possible, the reduction to
                traffic congestion due to an inflated convoy.

How much is the registration fee this year?
                WITH Pledge Sheet - J$0.00 with minimum J$8,000.00 in pledges
                Late Registration - October 6 to 17 - J$15,000.00

Will pledge sheets for this years selected chariity be available?
                When should these pledges be returned?
                Yes, pledge sheets will be issued to each registered participant.
                These pledge sheets must be returned by October 13th, 2013.

Will return transportation be available for those participants who may need?
                Yes, return transportation to Kingston (via Montego Bay, Ocho Rios Spanish Town) will be made available for the
                first 40 participants who have indicated as such in their registration slip.

How many rest/hydration stops are there?
                There will be 6 stops (which are indicated on the registration form) prior to the arrival in Negril.

In case I feel fatigued is there a contingency plan in place for me?
                Yes, if you find yourself separated from your group by 5 minutes or more you will be encouraged to make your
                recovery in the support wagon to the next stop.

Will I be able to ride ahead of my assigned group
                All participants are encouraged to remain within the safety of the group they have been assigned to. Those riders
                who leave the safety of the group and ride ahead of the lead vehicle do so at their own risk, plus getting to the
                designated rest stop before schedule does not guarentee that it will be open. If you are unable to keep up
                with your assigned group please see above FAQ.

How can I access additional information with regards to this years event?
                All queries can be sent to info@jamaicabybike.com
                A response will be forthcoming within 12 hours.

What advice would you offer to the prospective participant?
                a) Ensure your bike has been recently serviced.
                b) Drink before thirsty, eat before hungry, on bike.
                c) Have an electrolyte supplement.
                d) Comfortable clothing and shoes.
                e) Obey instructions from ride management and accompanying police outriders.
                f) Have fun!
                Peter R

Comment

Nice!
                  Have fun, boss!
                  "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Layba show deh how fi build large scale infrastructure without brukking wi pocket...

Comment

Originally posted by Muadib View Post
                      Layba show deh how fi build large scale infrastructure without brukking wi pocket...

Built by Layba wi seh!!!!!

Comment

LOL Ben ever thought of stand-up comedy in Las Vegas. I guarantee you will make much more dinero than the trailor load of eyelash and false hair. So far you have missed your calling mi bredrin. Not too late though. Comedy mi say. You good baba.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudi View Post
                          LOL Ben ever thought of stand-up comedy in Las Vegas. I guarantee you will make much more dinero than the trailor load of eyelash and false hair. So far you have missed your calling mi bredrin. Not too late though. Comedy mi say. You good baba.
                          So...yuh assuming Muadib nuh have di eyel...rah, koo di time!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                          X