Assasin: Portland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assasin: Portland

I visited your parish for the first time yesterday. I now know all the 14 parishes in Jamaica. I can take that off my bucket list.

Did not go into the interior--but the northern areas are quite productive in agriculture.

Tourism is underdeveloped as you have often mentioned.

I went to Blue Lagoon. Took a boat ride to explore the surrounding areas. What an incredible place!!
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

kudos to you. not many tourists can make that claim.
    Last edited by Gamma; May 14, 2014, 03:29 PM.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Glad you took the time out to go there. It is beautiful from you enter my beautiful hometown back to St. Thomas. It is underdeveloped yes but I don't know if we need massive development. Yes Blue Lagoon is incredible. Next time try rafting on the Rio Grande and I will give you a few more things to do.

But good to see you finally visit my Portland.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Went to Blue Lagoon as well bout 8 years ago. Need fi find a place fi hide out in Portland when I need break from babylon.
        Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Heheheh

Comment

There is no development at Blue lagoon since hurricane Gilbert/Ivan I was told.

My guess is that this is intentional. The very nice houses dotting the cost-line nearby are owned by extremely rich folks. A vibrant tourist industry would invade the privacy of these real estate investment.

HL

Comment

Next time when you have time check out Errol Flynn Pier, check out Sommerset Falls, and Reach Falls, San San beach, some a di Jerk Port a Buff Bay(don't go Boston as Jangle and Stoni will explain it to you). Check Gamma up inna the mountain and drink a beer a mi sistren bar.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Saw San San beach and Sommerset Falls--but did not stop.

The parish has an interesting coast-line....

I should have asked about the jerk locations. I missed out on that. Brought back a bottle of Boston style jerk sauce....

The greatest set-back in Jamaican driving--is the time it takes to go 'short' distances. I stayed at Couples Tower Isles Ocho rios.

It took 2.5 hours from MoBay airport. The drive from Ocho Rios to Portland took the same time.

I can see why the Ian Flemming airport is necessary......

HL

Comment

Good going, boss!
                  "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                    kudos to you. not many tourists can make that claim.
                    ....and even fewer Jamaicans can make that claim.....

HL

Comment

Not far from the truth!
                      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
                        Not far from the truth!
                        ...I admire your diplomacy Islandman......!!
                        Last edited by HL; May 15, 2014, 06:35 PM.

HL

Comment

it use to take 8 hours or more from Mobay to Port Antonio and it was one bus doing the trek, "honey Bee". A lot faster now but I understand your plight.

We need the Ian Fleming Airport to be a public airport so a few low cost airline can land there.

Comment

Why did it take you 2.5 hours to drive from Ochie? did that include your stops? I think I did Port Antonio to Ochie in 1.5 a couple years ago when I visited.

We stayed here http://www.goblinhill.com/

Did you visit Frenchman's Cove.... love that beach!

Portland is the parish to be, I noticed that even some houses of "substance" didn't have burglar bars.
                            Peter R

Comment

??? MoBay to Ochie shouldn't take that long unless you got caught in MoBay rush hour traffic HL. That is an easy 1-1.5 hour drive.

Last time I drove to Port Antonio from St Ann they were still working on the roads so it was torture. I hear it is a lot better now.

Portland is beautiful.
                              "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Working...
                              X