No announcement yet.

1$ US Dollar equals $110.72 Jamaican

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

=Assasin;478993]Massive debt is not the only way to prop it up. who want it prop up? I bet if we get 2% growth right now and some positive indicators the dollar stop sliding.
    Right now????? LOL!! Mi belly!!!

Yuteman di ongly way fi get substantial growth is through structural reform, energy cost reduction and massive external investment... none can occur in the short term... much less "now". Plus 2% growth will not do the trick

Kindly google "Bittah Medicine" for clues as to the present and immediate future
    It has been two years and months and no sign that the dollar is settling off. How much is our dollar value??? Since you understand economics so much, make a guess. If you can't even make a educated guess how can you defend the consistent devaluation???? When is it going to stop??? That is what we people with lack of economic understanding want to know.
    Kindly google "market determined rate" for a clue as to the dollar's value
    1989 at 5.50 to one and now 2014 it is 110 plus. What is the true value??? Just look at the production stats, agriculture and total output between then and now. Where will it end???
    Again Sass... Jamaica is at the end of the road where only the IMF foot path is available.... Ongly dem an di Chiney dem ave dollas fi spare wi

The IMF prescription is a lowering of debt/GDP ratio by cuts in GOJ expenditures and structural reforms aimed at creating a current account surplus. Consequently if GOJ is cutting expenditures, there is little public money that can be invested to stimulate the economy.

Since there's an IMF mandate for drastic debt reduction.... JA cannot borrow massively to reflate the economy as in the 1980s and 1990s

With energy costs, corruption & criminality high... there's no mad rush for foreigners to invest in JA... except fi di Chiney dem

All this means is that looking for substantial growth "now"... is quite foolish. Welcome tuh "Bittah Medicine"

I admire your aspiration for growth but not your economic logic
    You're being quite economical with your logic

Bye now
    Last edited by Don1; May 14, 2014, 04:58 PM.
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

gwaan with your wishful thinking a fact mi a deal with. You can tell me what IMF want but you can't tell me what we a deal with. A two different thing. While we are following IMF structural agreement, we have been there before. This is the same set who boastfully spoke of getting away from the claws of the IMF, only to....

You can disagree with me but don't test my economic knowledge as from high school to grad school I only managed A grades, so when you trying like you a professor, cool it and just make your point.

The facts is there to prove it and will be there in two years. When we never under structural agreement and never had bitter medicine? We have to wait for economic growth? We can't borrow nuh more but the devaluation is making our debt climbing but you wouldn't notice that.

What is the real value of the dollar????and where should devaluation stop? Mi nah deal wid google.
      Last edited by Assasin; May 14, 2014, 05:46 PM.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

You can disagree with me but don't test my economic knowledge as from high school to grad school I only managed A grades, so when you trying like you a professor, cool it and just make your point.
        LOL!! Easy Missa High Grade Economist

Sensi Sass...err.... Sensitive Sass tuh di Universe!!
        TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Working...
        X