No announcement yet.

JPS to cut service in communities that tief electricty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no...OUR sets the rates and policy...everybody just cuss JPS cause dem don't know any better...JPS wanted to build a new power plant to replace the inefficient Old Harbour plant...they can't...instead it has to go to tender and...well...you know how that one ended...so we need to point the finger where it should be pointed...

Comment

Where are the good people in there.

It is not inconsistency but the lawmakers fail to address the solution, they have the power. The small low paying middle income and small business men in this case are victims. The have no recourse so JPS attack them? Most people who are paying are long term customers who have support JPS for 20 years and more. Imagine if some of these lawmakers had acted in their 40 years in Gordon house?
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

we ask the same question. Tell me one a dem that tell them don fi pay light bill.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

OURS set the rate but JPS apply for it. You think if there was some competition they could depend on OURS to do it???

So who cause that? that they can't. Isn't the same politicians who want to protect them people and corrupt the process after giving away JPS?

Comment

Most are paying? Did you miss where them say these communities have more than 70% illegal power use?

Not everybody who works in Gordon House is a politician Sass. you don't think they have security there, clerical workers there, ancillary staff there?
            "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Kelly Tomlin leaving the company soon, so she can do whatever she want to improve the compnay and care less about the politicians and their usual influence.

She better mind them try kill her.

Comment

We need to protect the 30 percent. The fact is we can close Gordon house in case of emergency, you can't close people house and business if they have nowhere to go. You know how many paying older people depend on a little A/C, how many kids study at night etc. Totally different scenario. It would mean more crimes in those communities. Can't support it mi brethren, wrong call. Simple, my kids shouldn't have to suffer because of the community they live in.

Comment

so you think they just submit arbitrary rate increases to OUR...and you think the OUR just says okay here is the increase? If there was competition all the inner city communities would be in darkness...you think companies are going to be fighting over who gets to supply power to Waterhouse...a community that has 20% of the population paying for electricity while the rest steal it?

Comment

It no matter, if they had competition, so how their tune would be different. Who is OUR representing anyway??? Is it Jamaican interest, JPS, or government???? Pretty much a rubber stamp committee if you ask me. Look how them make Paulwell bad them up .

Comment

they work there, they don't live there. is dem response fi paying the light bill?

i wonder if jps did map out di grid and line it up from long time?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

And they won't suffer because the politicians will jump on their soapbox and give the usual speech about how much they love poor people and will not allow this to happen. Then they will find a way for somebody else to pay for it.
                        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

No them nuh response, but them sweating in there like everyone else.

Now is exactly the right time to do this, when all the govt almshouse about power plant is in the news.

Comment

yeah just go to OURS and raise it on the paying customers, the same ones that getting disconnected.

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
                              well JPS just cut service to Parliament...dem inside deh a fan dem self wit folder leaf...he who cannot hear will feel
                              Pakistan President light cut off. This is an international thing?
                              http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...rgy-bills.html
                              The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Working...
                              X