No announcement yet.

JPS to cut service in communities that tief electricty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JPS is a power company...not law enforcement or an educational institution or a daycare facility...these inner city communities are a nuisance for JPS...they supply power cause they have to not because they want to...everybody screaming for JPS distribution monopoly to be broken...guess what happens when it is broken...independent distributors will come on the scene and NONE OF THEM will supply inner city communities with power...they are going to cherry pick uptown and the commercial districts...

Comment

so let me get this straight...WHO has the standing to either be the Complainant in a criminal case or the claimant in a civil matter to 1. enable the authorities to prosecute electricity tiefs,; or 2. recover monies for elcetricity stolen?

like everything else, the criminals walk away and the guy who plays by the rules gets shafted! is it no wonder scamming is only getting bigger and bigger?!!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

it must be a cry to the POLITICIANS to intervene
        That is all it is. They know some hypocrite in Govt will jump to the rescue of "poor people" after refusing to enforce the law for all this time. This way JPS gets the issue in the forefront and allows the politician play the "saviour".
        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

saviour to who though?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

No but you just want two Dudus and Zeeks take advantage get inna the after hours electricity service and run them own connection from right where JPS turn it off. I guess it means good business for them.

I thought JPS had some tamper proof crap they were talking about a year and a half ago???
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Blame your government. Their primary task is to enforce law and order.
              "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

the guy who plays by the rules is getting shafted NOW...I am paying for Fluffy Anderson to run his air condition...watch his 60 inch plasma tv and get drinks from his sub zero fridge...yet dem cyaan afford to pay for light...get the f@ck outta here...

Comment

To the "sufferer" who cannot afford to pay JPS for the current dem tiefing fe watch BPL.

JPS obviously knows that this will not stand, but they are putting the Govt in a position where they need to come up with a plan to deal with the problem.

If that plan means even higher bills for everyone to subsidise the electricity freeloaders then so be it, that is a problem for Govt to solve, not JPS.

Comment

How is JPS to solve the problem of law enforcement. Will they be allowed to have an armed militia to go into these areas and disconnect the illegal connections?

Comment

and i am also paying (not in dollars) for the inconvenience of not being able to run my AC and watch my "big screem" whenever i want because of puffy slanderson?

Comment

they do but it is not expedient....

Comment

So isn't the government a part of JPS???? Them have to come up with something workable because if I am paying my bill, I know I can't lose in court and I doubt JPS can stand all the lawsuits that would follow.

It seems like we are all void of real solution in Jamaica. They are going to do something that is illegal that can't stand in courtand their paying customers will suffer. Are we in North Korea or somewhere else I don't know???
                          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

that pretty much sums it up...suh it guh...

Comment

This is not a problem that has just started happening, JPS execs get the big bucks to come up with workable solutions and they are part owned by the government so if they are not doing anything illegal, it is not hard for them to influence policies. JPS sole solution can't be to disenfranchise paying customers raise rates, they have to come better than that.

Comment

Sass, that approach is just not practical for people living in the world that Jamaica exists in and you know that. Jamaica is a borderline failed state with very little in the way of law and order and requires solutions that reflect that reality.

Again, this is not a solution JPS expects to implement in any long term way. They are playing poker and forcing the governments hand, that is all. You just not reading the plays.

Comment

Working...
                                X