JPS to cut service in communities that tief electricty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JPS to cut service in communities that tief electricty

I suspect that they have taken this step to finally get the powers that be to do something, after decades of turning a blind eye.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

JPS Reduces Service To Communities With High Levels Of Theft, Says It Has Tried Everything

The Jamaica Public Service Company (JPS) has announced that it will be cutting the number of hours that power is provided to communities where more than 70 per cent of the electricity is stolen.

In a release a short while ago, JPS said the move is part of its strategy to get more persons to pay for the electricity they use, and reduce the overall cost to paying customers.

The JPS says the communities to be affected in the initial phase of this curtailment strategy are:

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/latest/article.php?id=52828
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

So if you are unlucky to be paying your bill and live in a "bad area" you just have to do without their power, even though you have a contract with them.

I will sit and watch and see if government who is a part owner allow this to happen. Get rid of the thieves but you can't afford to cut clients who are paying.

So what happen to my chicken, mi litte bar that sell two Red Stripe, and they will just turn off my tv while watching the world cup????

This is no solution if you ask me. Mi nuh believe in "the good have to suffer for the bad" behavior.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

It is not a solution, it is a way to get some attention to the long standing problem.

Something needs to be done and clearly the govt has to play an important part. JPS cannot solve it alone and it is past time it is dealt with.
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
        Mi nuh believe in "the good have to suffer for the bad" behavior.
        well that is exactly what is happening...i am paying for illegal electricity usage in Waterhouse...shut it off...f@ck em...

Comment

JPS certainly need to solve their problem but not at the expense of the paying consumers. You think if some of these people could move their houses or business they wouldn't do that??? Why do they have to suffer for doing the right thing??? Let me see if the government going to stand by and support this. If I am running say a bar and my prime business time is 7-12 and I lose power during that time, it will acutally kill my business, Why should I be a victim of the thieves and thiefing JPS when I am paying my bills and have a family to feed?
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/latest/article.php?id=52837

Good

Comment

it must be a cry to the POLITICIANS to intervene.

70% of the homes means 70% of the votes ...... i don't see how cutting off the electricty from EVERYBODY is gong to mek di electricity tief dem start to pay?!! not only that it is ILLEGAL. i have a contract to get electricity as long as i pay my money..barring acts of god or equipent failure...

govt is part owner of JPS, govt is also part owner of petcom who sells oil to jps ... so oil sale is GUARANTEED and profit is GUARANTEED so who is looking out for the consumer? OUR?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

it won't make them pay...but it will stop them from stealing electricity...if i run a business and 70% of my customers are stealing then i am cutting them off...JPS is not guaranteed any profit whatsoever...they are losing money hand over fist...

Comment

"i run a business and 70% of my customers are stealing then i am cutting them off..."

You cutting off your paying customers as well???? Even those you have contract with??? It is the JPS who have to find solution to their problem, not the paying clients.

With a murder rate of ......... Maybe we should just give law enforcement the right to shoot anybody, whether they commit a crime or not.

Comment

Yes I am...JPS is not a law enforcement agency...they cannot stop people from throwing up lines...that is the job of law enforcement...the country is in the state it is now because people are allowed to do whatever they want to...time to break some eggs

Comment

The are not law enforcement agency but neither are they policy maker so how can they choose to breach the contract they have given to customers, show me where it says light in a particular area was going to be from 7-12?

Comment

watch and see how...

Comment

how will it stop them? they just wait it out until it comes back, same as the law abiding citizens. it looks more like they want the 30% to pressure the 70%....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

instead of stealing light for 24 hours dem can only do it for 12 hours...reduces the impact on JPS and those paying to subsidize the thieves...

Comment

yes but it does nothing to stop people from stealing. they are not attacking the cause they are attacking the symptoms....

Comment

Working...
                              X