Sending US dollar to Ja.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They won't get USD though

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Part of the problem is at Christmas etc. we usually send small checks for people like 30 and 40 dollars. Now imagine if you were to send 30 dollars to 10 people, the cost is a tidy sum.

Thank you for that info though.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

The cost to whom? Whose problem is that?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

It is a cost to me and I am sure others can relate. It would be easier to send another 50 dollars than give it to the cost of sending. I can also see in economic terms Jamaica losing out on some remittance as it gets harder to send money.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
            I am 100% sure it was not a personal cheque or a money order
            I am a 100% percent sure it was my personal cheque!!!
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

what decade was this Karl?

Comment

This one!
                "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
                  as far as i know Jamaican banks never accepted personal cheques from foreign banks or money orders...the money has to be wired to the bank directly...and there is a fee for that...
                  Again, I ask if this is something new with Jamaican banks?
                  Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

I don't know that to be the case. They have always accepted personal cheques from farin. Just be prepared to wait 2 months for it to clear!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                    X