No announcement yet.

Shortage of Jamaican Patois Interpreters in Brampton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And since I have no problem increasing my knowledge I discovered that a new word is added to the English language every 98 minutes, or 14.7 words per day.

I leave the other part for you to research. How many words are added to patwa every day?! Something tells mi is not even 1 word a week!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

woieee...hit a stumbling block there pal

Comment

same thing in english ... dem add words to the lexicon almost monthly...

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

one can encounter this in the english language too....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Almost? Try 14 new words added every day!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

what about phrases with dual meanings? nobody can master patois...easy to master the english language

Comment

compared to how many for patois? it's okay i'll sit here and watch you squirm

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
                  compared to how many for patois? it's okay i'll sit here and watch you squirm
                  Yah hear mi, mi nuh waan nuh man a pree mi eno!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
                    what about phrases with dual meanings? nobody can master patois...easy to master the english language
                    Wooiiee, mi glottis!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

nobody can master patois...easy to master the english language
                      Oh, I thought Jamaicans were guilty of the opposite of this statement?
                      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Toronto have bigger problems than this anyhow. Maybe it's time to start advertising for a mayor?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

that is across the board .... go ansa yuh dog and bone.

Comment

Good old Rob Ford will be sadly missed. Sigh.
                            "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

there is an official patois dictionary i would posit that 50% of the patois spoken on the street is not in that dictionary...can you say the same for English?

Comment

"official patois dictionary"? who or what made it official? yuh talking about ken maxwell's "how to speak jamaican"?

Comment

Working...
                                X