RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is supposed to pay Opposition Leader's phone bill?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is supposed to pay Opposition Leader's phone bill?

It is disrespectful to disconnect the Opposition Leader's telephone bill for non payment? No, however it may be disrespectful not to pay the bill. I heard that government not paying bills in order to pass IMF test. Is that why this bill was not paid?

http://www.og.nr/rbt/24166-oppositio...n-payment.html
    The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Time based on your question, i believe you are only now (just like me)finding out about this cozy arrangement between the two parties.
    It is a question of judgement with our politicians as far as I am conceened,we have Roger Clarke's suggestions regarding the chicken shortage,Peter Phillips finding comfort in a specific variable eventually returning to normalcy whilst ignoring the great damage resulting(his little banking ...),and now we have Holiness thinking we will side with him as opposed to being utterly outraged on awareness of the well kept secret between both major parties.
    Not prepared to take the bitter pill,no problem giving it though.
    Both parties benefit from it at our expense(PNP will not be the ruling party at some point).
    Just maybe the NDM,Rasta Party etc are also beneficiaries... though I wouldn't be surprised if the didn't,they certainly did not have a hand in its inception.

Comment

This is of more importance. Govt not paying its bill on time.

Gary Spaulding, Senior Staff ReporterThe lives of countless nurses and other public health workers have been plunged into disarray as it appears salary deductions have not been paid over by the South East Regional Health Authority (SERHA) to meet their financial obligations.
      http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/2...ead/lead5.html
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockman View Post
        Time based on your question, i believe you are only now (just like me)finding out about this cozy arrangement between the two parties.
        It is a question of judgement with our politicians as far as I am conceened,we have Roger Clarke's suggestions regarding the chicken shortage,Peter Phillips finding comfort in a specific variable eventually returning to normalcy whilst ignoring the great damage resulting(his little banking ...),and now we have Holiness thinking we will side with him as opposed to being utterly outraged on awareness of the well kept secret between both major parties.
        Not prepared to take the bitter pill,no problem giving it though.
        Both parties benefit from it at our expense(PNP will not be the ruling party at some point).
        Just maybe the NDM,Rasta Party etc are also beneficiaries... though I wouldn't be surprised if the didn't,they certainly did not have a hand in its inception.
        What arrangement you talking bout Rockman? Do you make up these things?
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Put the blame where it lies...

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
            What arrangement you talking bout Rockman? Do you make up these things?
            To go off on a bit of a tangent - You do know the parties have 'unwritten rules' on how they 'treat' each other?

As fact, I know over the years many were drinking buddies. ...an trus mi, many were the matters of personal and national concern that were discussed in private.
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

there is no unwritten rule here Karl. It is clear who is suppose to pay the bill.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                This is of more importance. Govt not paying its bill on time.

Gary Spaulding, Senior Staff ReporterThe lives of countless nurses and other public health workers have been plunged into disarray as it appears salary deductions have not been paid over by the South East Regional Health Authority (SERHA) to meet their financial obligations.
                http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/2...ead/lead5.html
                Fact, Sass!
                ...and I do not know of a period in time or for that matter a Government that does not move around funds and delay payments and purchases!

...but then media houses and political fans have always engaged in seeking to make sensational or a scandal the norm.

Let me join as true fanatic: I wonder how many millions has been spent by the Opposition Leader on use of the telephone and other communication devises we pay for? ...and the amount spent which we have to pay for that had to do with unnecessary and trivial and personal and anti-Jamaica use?

Would the opposition care to itemize the past 5 years use of those gadgets by Opposition Leader Holness? Stats on time spent on the communication gadgets we pay for when not doing 'The People's business'?
                "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                  To go off on a bit of a tangent - You do know the parties have 'unwritten rules' on how they 'treat' each other?

As fact, I know over the years many were drinking buddies. ...an trus mi, many were the matters of personal and national concern that were discussed in private.
                  .... what does that have to do with paying the phone bill? The problem is many here cannot bring themselves to question the competence of their religious higher order. All of a sudden the termites gone missing.
                  "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

...so guys and dolls?

Fact, Sass!
                    ...and I do not know of a period in time or for that matter a Government that does not move around funds and delay payments and purchases!

...but then media houses and political fans have always engaged in seeking to make sensational or a scandal the norm.

Let me join as true fanatic: I wonder how many millions has been spent by the Opposition Leader on use of the telephone and other communication devises we pay for? ...and the amount spent which we have to pay for that had to do with unnecessary and trivial and personal and anti-Jamaica use?

Would the opposition care to itemize the past 5 years use of those gadgets by Opposition Leader Holness? Stats on time spent on the communication gadgets we pay for when not doing 'The People's business'?
                    ...is this worth it??? ...or is this another contrived controversy or attempt to create a scandal?

Comment

...is this worth it??? ...or is this another contrived controversy or attempt to create a scandal?
                      .... at times I wonder which water unuh drink mek unuh stay suh! Y'all is a different breed.

Comment

.... what does that have to do with paying the phone bill? The problem is many here cannot bring themselves to question the competence of their religious higher order. All of a sudden the termites gone missing.
                        It has everything to do with paying of a People's paid for item as it just brings to the fore how governments operate around and all over the globe.

...some just keep burying head in the sand!!! ...but then that would be there business only were it not for the effect it has on this generation and generations to come.

Comment

Karl that is for the government to show that the phone is been abused if it is, but you can't just not pay it because you don't feel like.

Karl government move funds around but when people deductible are not been paid that is terrible, people house are been foreclosed and cars been repossessed. That is robbery, not moving funds around.

Comment

.... at times I wonder which water unuh drink mek unuh stay suh! Y'all is a different breed.
                            Yuh!
                            We are not blind or hypocrites! Certainly we are different from the blind and the hypocrites!

Comment

It has everything to do with paying of a People's paid for item as it just brings to the fore how governments operate around and all over the globe.

...some just keep burying head in the sand!!! ...but then that would be there business only were it not for the effect it has on this generation and generations to come.

"some just keep burying head in the sand!!!

Say that again, this time ... look in the mirror.

Comment

Working...
                              X