Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peter Phillips, SMDH...

Da Guvvament yah too fool-fool.

Instead of this ill-advised , crummoojin tax on ATM and savings withdrawals, they should aggesive fine anti-social and infrastructure damaging activities...

Too much load pon truck axel whey a mash up di roads...one beeyatch fine inna yuh warra-warra. Taxi engaging in dangerous driving? Music playing too loud pon a Sunday night? Car a spew out black smoke? People a litter pon the beautiful contry roads? Yuh get my drift!!! Easy picking that will benefit the country and actually build goodwill among the productive class. Also, consistent in building an upful momentum for the country. Rule of law to return...

agreed... but dat too complicated an' time-consuming for Termite needs

Phillips went for an easy, immediate & inescapable revenue solution ...and one where GOJ passes the cost of enforcement over to banks

Vampiya-like
    Last edited by Don1; April 22, 2014, 12:05 PM.
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

who a go collect them tax deh? How much money them make off a the no smoking bill yet? They make it so draconian that it can't even enforce and who a go collect it?

The bank tax a easy pickings.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

But look at the upside of the behaviour tax!! Better attitude and values and less cost to GOJ to repair roads, administer road accidents, etc...

Discipline man, discipline! LoL

Comment

yeah I understand and support but laws must reflect the reality and must be enforced or else it is of no use. You can't come with an Anti bad word law and people who commit it nah get fine while on the other hand and police a shoot people fi two badword. You have to get people to pay a reasonable sum and respect the law.

yu see mi? We miss the tax target last year by 6 billion tax target last year so Peter Phillips just make a quick withdrawal.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

No man, who pays for the damaged roads when trailers are overloaded????

Who accounts for the KPH bill when taxi crash inna people?

Comment

you think them care about that? I heard they putting in scales. what become of that?

You know if Jamaica can ever regularize that taxi/minbus service, there is billions to be made. Get rid of the loader man and each bus pay a small fee and give them timetable to operate on. As you say some discipline. You have to make a man know him can make a money but you also a demand some discipline.

Does it have to be one way or another?? Ah bwoy.

Comment

[quote=Willi;476783]No man, who pays for the damaged roads when trailers are overloaded????
                [quote]

Nobody - for them nuh get fixed
                Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                - Langston Hughes

Comment

Hehehe

Comment

Or do they get paid but the road is either not fixed at all or is just some slipshod workmanship?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Willi its called Quality of life tax in the 1st world.

Quality of life tax ...I have advocated this in the past.We are not fool fool, we are clueless.There lies our problem ,money making revenue is there but the implementation of it is another isssue.That guy they killed Chambers I believe his name was , went to clean up the bus system and got killed, he dared to implement a system that was uncorrupted worse yet made sense.
                      THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Working...
                      X