Sandal's discriminating taste

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sandal's discriminating taste

A few weeks ago we had a discussion on this site about the types of persons employed by companies owned by Butch Stewart. (Wi not talking waiters, now.) I could not prove it at the time and even though I worked at ATL and was quite aware of the makeup of the board of directors, I was brushed off as being my usual racist self. Well, here's more fodder for you.

Robert 'Daddy Stone' Stone (2nd right) smiles broadly as he collects a collage of the past 26 years at Sandals Montego Bay and a citation from the resort's general manager, Horace Peterkin (2nd left). Sharing the historic moment are (from left) Sandals group director of Finance John Tulloch; CEO of Sandals and Beaches Resorts Adam Stewart; and director of operations, Brian Roper.

Former national goalkeeper and assistant coach of Reno Football Club, Aaron Lawrence (centre), is all smiles as he receives a ball each from SRI's director of Resort Standards, Shawn Da Costa (left) and general manager of Sandals Whitehouse, Jeremy Jones, during Thursday's donation of 80 footballs to 20 clubs from the parishes of Westmoreland and St Elizabeth. (Photo: Mark Cummings)
    Last edited by Mosiah; May 21, 2007, 10:22 AM.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

What's your point Mosiah ?

Just come out and say it no man.

Comment

Mi tiyad fi say it - Butch needs an affirmative action plan within the ATL Group because apparently he finds it difficult to place black people in decent positions.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
        Mi tiyad fi say it - Butch needs an affirmative action plan within the ATL Group because apparently he finds it difficult to place black people in decent positions.
        Horace Peterkin is what colour?
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

and of the people mentioned, what percentage is Horace Peterkin?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I don't think you should be fussing about Butch. Are the others Jamaicans? What about out of many one people?

Ask why these Spanish hotels are importing their top brass managers yet our people can only get housekeeping, grounds etc work.
            "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Okay, for the benefit of those who escaped my harangue on our national motto.

The motto, however well-intentioned, has simply aided in keeping black people down. Every time we are discriminated against, they remind the rabble-rousers (like me) of our motto. So, we are told to look past the fact that Jamaica is a black country, whose people are 90% African. But our tourism posters advertising our lovely land invariably show a mixture of our prople. The sad part is, many times, there would be a lone black face among the non-blacks, when it should be the other way around. But, not to worry - Out of Many, One People!

Hell, we even went as far as T&T for a non-black girl who became the face of Jamaica for years. (Yes, our teenage years were the better for it, but still... )

We choose white or nearly white Miss Jamaica's for decades but - Out of Many...

Butch's directors are at least 50% non-black - Out of Many...

Indeed, it is said that that motto was chosen by an influential group among our founding fathers who were worried about a backlash following independence by the black majority who had been victimised for decades.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Spaniards? Well they say when
                in Rome. Don't blame the Spaniards they are just following protocol. I can't blame Butch he is doing the right thing (it's his corporation) When Marcus formed his own shipping company with black peopel shares and said do for self. What did we do? We schemed and sent him to prison. When Joshua came and said self reliance; see some money yah, build, invest, own some hotels. What did we do we feasted and made merry, switched party when the money is finished then pointed fingers. Butch I hope you put 100% OF YOUR OWN PEOPLE IN MANAGEMENT.It's yours mr.Stewart have a ball.
                Last edited by Jawge; May 21, 2007, 11:00 AM.

Comment

I thought SRI was a private company ?

But what is the big deal.. Manley led the revolution 30 years ago, Black Man by now does not need Butch Stewart to hire dem because Black Man have dem owna Hotel and Multi-national companies by now..

Hey speaking of race.. how come the Reggaeboyz squad don't have ONE chiney man, or ****** yute or white yute ? Even Trinidad have a white yute play fi dem..

Comment

In your country, Jawge, when homeowners or businesses discriminate, who do y'all make a big stink about it? Afterall, it's the homeowner's house, and it's bizniz owner's place.

"100% OF OUR OWN PEOPLE IN MANAGEMENT" - Our own people?!?! What colour are you, Jawge? You and Butch is company now?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

The more white people we have the better.

We need white policemen, white soldiers, white nurses, white teachers, white Senators, white MPs.. bring em on.

Last time I was in Cayman I saw a white motorbike policeman... is dere wi want to reach..

Comment

Of course it is private. And my voice is my own. And freedom of speech is still in practice.

Last I checked I can say anything I want about a private company's hiring practice.

No?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

AirJ don't have 5 flights a day to Cayman?!? Well, we have to do something about that!

Word of wisdom for you - Bruce Golding is not really white. But yes, him whiter dan Portia!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Who stopping yuh ?

Comment

The last time I see rasicm set us back years and years is when dem elect PJ fir Prime Minister.

Racism is holding Jamaica back but not in the way you think...

Comment

Working...
                              X