Battigang has infiltrated Alpha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battigang has infiltrated Alpha

I myself am familiar with a case in which brothers, former residents of Alpha, now grown men, will speak privately of employees (including persons holding high positions in the Church) who would ritualistically enter the dorm in the nights and select the boy(s) of their choice who would be forced into inappropriate relationships. These former residents of Alpha remain pained and traumatised by those experiences, but they cannot talk about them publicly.

The problem is even more pervasive than the minister revealed. There have been numerous cases in the United States and other countries where young men have finally come forward and spoken of their abuse by priests while still children in whose care they were entrusted. The Pope himself has recently made a public apology.

We do not have to wait for commissions of enquiry or adversarial litigation to do that which is right for our children.

JACQUELINE SAMUELS-BROWN (QC)

Attorney-at-law

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/2.../letters1.html
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Originally posted by X View Post
    I myself am familiar with a case in which brothers, former residents of Alpha, now grown men, will speak privately of employees (including persons holding high positions in the Church) who would ritualistically enter the dorm in the nights and select the boy(s) of their choice who would be forced into inappropriate relationships. These former residents of Alpha remain pained and traumatised by those experiences, but they cannot talk about them publicly.

The problem is even more pervasive than the minister revealed. There have been numerous cases in the United States and other countries where young men have finally come forward and spoken of their abuse by priests while still children in whose care they were entrusted. The Pope himself has recently made a public apology.

We do not have to wait for commissions of enquiry or adversarial litigation to do that which is right for our children.

JACQUELINE SAMUELS-BROWN (QC)

Attorney-at-law

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/2.../letters1.html
    Cases of Batalytic Conversion at Alpha

Wi cyaan truss di Catholics
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Bens Utopia in Jamaica.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

If what I read above is true then Lisa (as a Govt official)has vested interest in blaming the youths.

Comment

So, are the Sisters of Mercy at Alpha engaged in a cover-up in order to save the image of the school, or for some other reason?

I thought the minister had gone too far when she gave the reasons for the closure, but I'm beginning to have second thoughts.

One thing for certain, the Jamaican government must never be a part of any cover-up with regards to this abuse of our children.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Huh?!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Allegations of abuse are to be investigated,closing a school is to the extreme, how about prosecuting and removing the accused,pending investigation ?

We have cases in Jamaica of teachers having relationships with students,it is technically rape to have sex with a minor, because it is boys should there be a difference in steps taken such as closure?

What she did was stgmatize a whole school and you know our culture, Battigan to School of Horny men or youths of horny men.

Jamaica is cruel.

Comment

Well that is clearly her position,she really isn't blaming the sisters or her govt,it is the terrible activities of the boys.
                The article implies the nastiness is systematic and institutionalized,been around for eons.
                Maybe the youths failed themselves.

Comment

Not sure if that's what she did.

Anyway...

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Your headline on this forum does not help either, X!

From what I hear the school is not closed, only the boarding section. And yes, it seems like she stigmatized the entire school. It could have been handled better but it seems like if you left it up to the Sisters, not a damn thing would have been done about it.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

My headline is typical of the cultural sarcasm.The sisters were a part of the complaint and insistence of its closing, no ? granted they did not like the public outing by Lisa and I agree with them as you do.

She could have handled it better.

Comment

Originally posted by X View Post
                        My headline is typical of the cultural sarcasm.
                        Really, X?!

Learn how to use sarcasm prudently. I post regular on this here forum!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Ok sah

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                            So, are the Sisters of Mercy at Alpha engaged in a cover-up in order to save the image of the school, or for some other reason?

I thought the minister had gone too far when she gave the reasons for the closure, but I'm beginning to have second thoughts.

One thing for certain, the Jamaican government must never be a part of any cover-up with regards to this abuse of our children.
                            Hmm, so we have serious gay priest in Jamaica Land We Love? To be honest I thought that Jamaican Catholic Priests did not have that problem. My recollection growing up in Jamaica is that Father have a lady on the side, him just could not marry. I having second thought too. I would like the Minister to send in the JCF and make some arrest.
                            The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Alpha, Sex Abuse And Lisa - Investigate Sex-Abuse Claim Involving Adults
                              Published: Sunday | April 20, 2014 1 Comment
                              Lisa Hanna (right), minister of youth and culture, making the announcement of the planned closure of the residential facility at the Alpha Boys' Home, while from left, Sadie Keating, adviser on children affairs in the Ministry of Youth and Culture, and Rosalee Gage-Grey, executive director, Child Development Agency, look on. - Rudolph Brown/Photographer
                              Lisa Hanna (right), minister of youth and culture, making the announcement of the planned closure of the residential facility at the Alpha Boys' Home, while from left, Sadie Keating, adviser on children affairs in the Ministry of Youth and Culture, and Rosalee Gage-Grey, executive director, Child Development Agency, look on. - Rudolph Brown/Photographer
                              Yvonne McCalla Sobers, Guest Columnist

Youth Minister Lisa Hanna is to be commended on her ministry's plan to serve vulnerable, destitute, and homeless youth. She recently announced plans specifically targeting youth rejected by their families and communities because they are seen as gay, lesbian, or transgender.

It would, therefore, be in the minister's interest to be seen as credible and sensitive when speaks about sex and sexuality

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/2...cleisure2.html

Comment

Working...
                              X