• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From Ras Selassie to King Tsuru - Africa chooses Royal Blue

Miggle Passage Studies CXV1

'I Would Choose This College To Be My Alma Mater'
    Published: Thursday | April 17, 2014

King Nii Kpobi Tettey Tsuru III (centre) of La Accra, Ghana and his wife, Naa Doris Pobee, and Amarkai Amarteifio (fourth left), lawyer and consul of Sweden in Ghana, chat with Jamaica College (JC) students, while Ruel Reid, principal of JC (left, in background), and R Danny Williams (beside him) look on as the King toured Jamaica College yesterday - Rudolph Brown/Photographer

Alessandro Boyd, Gleaner Writer

Nii Kpobi Tettey Tsuru III, King of La Accra, Ghana, was full of praise for Jamaica College (JC) following his tour of the institution in St Andrew yesterday.

"I am very pleased with what I saw here today, from the surroundings you can see that good academic work is being done here," he told The Gleaner.

"When you look at everything, you can see that this institution provides quality education for boys and if I were to be a boy again, I would choose this college to be my alma mater," he continued.

Senator Ruel Reid, principal of JC also noted that the occasion was of utmost significance to both the institution and Jamaica.

"This is very significant, in 1962, we welcomed the Emperor Haile Selassie the first (Emperor of Ethiopia) and now we have the King of Ghana, which, of course, represents our connection with our history and Diaspora. I
    Last edited by Don1; April 17, 2014, 10:19 AM.
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Wait till him si Vale Royal and the grounds of Jamaica House !!

Comment

Dem place deh limited..Is juss one place im cyan find 4 national heritage monuments

189 Old Hope Rd provides nuff more bang for the buck

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

Originally posted by Don1 View Post
        Senator Ruel Reid, principal of JC also noted that the occasion was of utmost significance to both the institution and Jamaica.

"This is very significant, in 1962, we welcomed the Emperor Haile Selassie the first (Emperor of Ethiopia) and now we have the King of Ghana, which, of course, represents our connection with our history and Diaspora. I
        King of Ghana?!? Really!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

King of La Accra

Comment

Ok. I can relate to that.

Mosiah
            Baron of La Kingston

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
              Ok. I can relate to that.

Mosiah
              Baron of La Kingston
              lol

Comment

Working...
              X