X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can JPS justify a

21 percent increase at this time?
    Mi think light bill did a go get cheaper
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
    21 percent increase at this time?
    Mi think light bill did a go get cheaper
    Is there a country in the world where the price of electricity has gone down?
    There may be such a country but I do know of it.

How does our price compare with that of other oil importing countries?

...and how does it compare with that of countries in positions similar to ours?

tree ques-ti-an dat!!!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Civil servants have no raise in 3 years. Show me a progressive country where power companies seeking 21 percent raise in these times.

Just imagine what that mean for small business who have to use a fridge or do any form of production. Imagine what that mean for the average families. Imagine what that means for the average water bill.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Heheheh.
        The increase would have been much more had it not been for the rigorous attempts to remove illegal connection island-wide.
        A group(govt.) deemed competent to run an entire country is seen as too incompetent to run a business,and in this case an essential sector.
        What of the businesses that are drowning because their net profit is hampered by astronomical cost of electricity?

Comment

If the govt affiliated businesses and government sponsored communities did stop thief so much electricity, then the honest rate payers wouldn't suffer so much.

Comment

I have always said I think JPS should have remain in the hands of government and run efficiently. It is one of the few enterprise which I think a small country couldn't afford to lose because of its importance to economic growth and stability.

Comment

You really think so?
              We were told theft of electricity is THE reason why electricity bills are sky high,a rigorous initiative to remove illegal wiring was imposed,communities formerly getting the service for free were made to fall in libe..,why no sign of a reduction?
              The sky is the limit as far as the JPS is concerned,that is crippling for the economy,and life as we know it.

Comment

workers disconnecting light for it to be immediately reconnected when them gone. Them shut down certain area and politician call Tomlin and crew and let them know that can't work. JPS will always be inefficiently run because of the politics of our island.

Comment

Marginal decrease in electrical theft should lead to marginal decrease in your electrical bills.
                  The disconnections are not the only thing that increased,arrests and subsequent prosecutions...
                  Assuming what you said is absolutely correct,how do we explain the other initiatives(the successful ones)making no difference...
                  What if the JPS is greedy?

Comment

JPS make less money the past year than the previous. And if not for the govt tax credit the would have lost money. Cutting off 10 people light bill not making a difference.

Comment

We are paying more for electricity than most nationns,just how much should we pay for the JOS to be satisfied?
                      Gross profit may have increased yet net profit decreased,has JPS expenses increased?in any event,there are plausible explanations to having a lesser......

Comment

What you think going to happen to a company that ask their creditors to change the debt covenants, need to pay off its debts and earns most of its money in local currency.

Comment

That isn't what distinguished the last financial period from the previous...
                          In determining wgat weight should be given to the reduction of profit margins(the so called indicator that supposedly justifies..)it would be interesting to know if the fat pigs at the helm received substantial increases in their salary.
                          Open to your the idea that a precarious currency....but then that too is not a new variable.
                          What if they are greedy?

Comment

Originally posted by Rockman View Post
                            Heheheh.
                            The increase would have been much more had it not been for the rigorous attempts to remove illegal connection island-wide.
                            A group(govt.) deemed competent to run an entire country is seen as too incompetent to run a business,and in this case an essential sector.
                            What of the businesses that are drowning because their net profit is hampered by astronomical cost of electricity?
                            Sounds like logic but where are the facts to support the thinking on what is being said?

Is a request for a 21% increase in electrical costs an end game in and of itself?

Would such requests be granted?

...and basis for requesting and granting that type increase?---->
                            ---->...what has been the increase in costs associated with generation of electricity? Less than 21%? 21%? More than 21%?

Let us have some facts...some more facts before we start making decisions on 'the logic' of what Assasin presented as truth and Rockman leads us down the path he presents???!!!! Right?
                            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

wrong...that is one of the reasons...the others being the outdated JPS plants that burn twice the amount of fuel than is necessary and the devaluation of the dollar...you can blame JPS all you want...it is out of their hands...they now are not allowed to upgrade the plants...it has to go to tender and a bidder selected...why you all don't get on the OUR's case...they are the ones who are responsible for the process...them and the government...

Comment

Working...
                              X