RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

From: Willi's site: JAMICA! - School sports but JAMAICA!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From: Willi's site: JAMICA! - School sports but JAMAICA!!!

Though he loves to gallop, Javon Francis is no 'donkey'

Sun Apr 13, 2014 08:57

Though he loves to gallop, Javon Francis is no 'donkey'

By Dr Rachael Irving

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Calabar High’s Javon Francis in action at the recent ISSA/GraceKennedy Boys’ and Girls’ Athletic Championships at the National Stadium.

NEW Class One 400m record holder Javon Francis limps up the stairs as he makes his way on stage in an emotional farewell following his final appearance for Calabar High.

The staging of the ISSA Boys' and Girls' Championships has always been phenomenal. It is from Champs that we expect to see young talents emerge who will eventually replace the Shelly-Anns and Usains when they retire. Young Javon Francis is one of those talents.

I cried when he did that impossible run that took the men's 4x400-metre relay team from fifth to second position at the 2013 World Championships in Moscow. On Saturday, March 28, 2014, you could not imagine how choked up I was when Javon ran the Class One 400 metres final in 45 seconds to demolish the 45.35 seconds set by Usain Bolt in 2003.

At the end of the superb run, I started to get a little worried when I saw him limping. Yet, in less than three hours, Javon was back on the track in the 200 metres final. What on earth was Calabar thinking?

It is senseless to have the muscles of an emerging talent like Javon damaged because of overwork. After that blistering record-breaking 400 metres, lactic acid would have been built up in his system making him hypoxic (lacks oxygen).

http://disc.yourwebapps.com/discussi...rticle=414215;
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."
Working...
X