X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now I understand why dem cyaan get nutting done

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/colum...T_CENTURY_.asp

"The Need for a Vanguard

Finally, what should be the vehicle for holistic development? I have tried to expose the fallacy of our relying in the 1970s on the party, any party, to be the vehicle for social transformation. "Party", by definition, can only represent that part of the population which subscribes to its principles and programmes.

The Jamaican people will never accept anything less than a dynamic democracy that they can manipulate to their advantage. But there needs to be some mechanism for participation of the people across tribal boundaries in their common struggle for democratic national liberation.
    African people have a heritage of leadership by a Council of Elders and Friendly Societies; after Emancipation, the Jamaican freeholders looked to the Church to provide this leadership; Plato cited the need for a corps of moral guardians to guide the development of the state; Hegel saw the need for a universal class of public servants; and Marcus Garvey called for a Black Aristocracy:

Developing a network of progressive black businesspersons and democratic enterprises for mutual co-operation as a sector and to lobby for its further development and favoured treatment by government.
    Organising people's fora for the research and propagation of public policy in the interest of pursuing the national democratic struggle and the holistic development of the common people (such as this one being held today).

Working through the structures of all significant political parties to achieve a platform in each party for holistic development of the Black nation.
    Seeking to organise a Black caucus of political activists and/or parliamentarians to influence public policy in the interest of Black Jamaica and to eliminate tribal political divisions.

(Summary presentation of research paper to the PNP's Resource Group Seven on December 15, 2006 and later to a wider Forum on the National Movement held at the Alhambra Inn on February 24, 2007)"

Meanwhile in the real world:

"Third world leaders believed this theory of neocolonialist exploitation, but I was not impressed. We had a real life problem to solve and could not afford to be conscribed by any theory or dogma"

While profound people occupied with theory and dogma for 30 years now, others are developing their nations into First World countries with per capita incomes at US$30,000 per year.

I figure at dem levels yuh can afford to spend hours on theory and dogma.. how it guh.. puttin the cart before the horse..

"It takes cash to care"

"The Jamaican people will never accept anything less than a dynamic democracy that they can manipulate to their advantage. But there needs to be some mechanism for participation of the people across tribal boundaries in their common struggle for democratic national liberation."

Jamaican people..?? Is which Jamaican people dis breddah ah talk bout ? The ones that cannot pass a subject at CXC level ??

Man ah talk bout Plato and Hegel.. is where dem breddah really live ? Mussi on UWI Campus to ************************.

Ah wheh di...!? Him nuh hear PJ a chat bout 'More man have gyal, cyar and cellphone..?

Need for a Vangaurd.. is wha dat.. anneda Japanese Deportee model ?

Comment

Working...
    X