RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need clarification to this question please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need clarification to this question please.

Pop Quiz!! Which song is credited as being the first reggae song... Or the song that made the transition from Rock Steady to Reggae?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reggae
    Last edited by Sir X; April 7, 2014, 08:50 AM.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_was_t...er_reggae_song

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

hmmm .... i would have said toots ... but that more has to do wth the word than the sound.

the etymology is interesting though ..... and it seems like it might be a matter of weeks or months in terms of how the sound originated. if streggaae meant "loose" then "reggae was probably" coined to mean Tight" as in the rhythm.

there is also the way they used to strum the guitar ...

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

As noted it was being played years before it got coined.In the height of the ska era, I have heard tunes that sounded rock steady and reggish.Why people seperate rocksteady from reggae is beyond me, rocksteady is more lovers rock, reggae is militant i.e the message in the late 60s early 70s to early 80s.1980s dancehall is where you have a real split i.e DJs and reggae.
          Last edited by Sir X; April 7, 2014, 10:33 AM.

Comment

I think the evolution of reggae is one of those things that could not have been identified while it was happening. Its only after the fact you can look back and say "it was right about that time".

You watched the Bob marley documentary where Bob Andy i believe was giving a story about the machine Coxone had which gave the impression of a chaka-chaka sound which the guitarists then started to play?
            "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

yes, that was what i referred to above.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Play the first Bangarang, and click on show more......http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJTGKrTRNE8.

Comment

you're partnering with laurie?

Comment

I do not understand the question, please drop it here "baljomo@aol.com"

Comment

Working...
                    X