Historian: Aaron Neville

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Historian: Aaron Neville

I went to see Aaron neville last week at the Cobb Energy Performing Arts center in Atlanta last week.

One word: Excellent!!

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...4AB2A1FB2E15A3
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

He's a little too nasal for my taste.
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

bircktop?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Re: Aaron Neville

Originally posted by HL View Post
        I went to see Aaron neville last week at the Cobb Energy Performing Arts center in Atlanta last week.

One word: Excellent!!
        I’m sure that the concert was good. Can’t say I’m a fan of Aaron Neville, despite his nice, syrupy voice. Part of my reason is that Aaron has tended to sound rather predictable. He is nevertheless the most successful of the 1970s group, the Neville Brothers.

By the way, HL, the irony of this part-Black, part-American Indian R&B singer has never been lost on me -- this obviously gym-loving, weightlifting man has a voice that is the opposite of what one would expect from such a muscular person!

Who are your all-time Top 5 Favorite Black Singers?

Comment

I'll put my list together and get back to you shortly.

The first 2 comes to mind immediately, the others requires some further thought.

Hope all is well with you.

BTW: thanks for the laugh when you use the term :syrupy voice

HL

Comment

Looking Forward To Your List

I'll put my list together and get back to you shortly.

The first 2 comes to mind immediately, the others requires some further thought.

Hope all is well with you.

BTW: thanks for the laugh when you use the term :syrupy voice
            Thanks, boss. Things are great with me.

I’m looking forward to your list. To make things easy on yourself, if you wish you can (a) do a Top 10 Favorite Black Singers instead of a Top 5 (which might be too limiting when trying to compile it), and (b) list the singers in alphabetical order rather than in order of greatness. This is just a suggestion though; please feel free to ignore it.

I’m working on my list right now, and it’s not an easy task. We have had many outstanding Black singers! In fact, people like Ronnie Dyson and Jackie Wilson immediately spring to mind.

Comment

Heh heh!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

My random List:

--Marvin Gaye

--Sam Cook

--Curtis Mayfield

--Barry White

--Michael Jackson

(this is much tougher than I thought Historian)

Oh BTW: Historian I busted outlaughing in Home Depot parking lot.

Why? because you used the term syurpy to describe Aaron Neville's voice

HL

Comment

If Luther not in di list then yuh need to go back and do your homework.

STR8888!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Lol

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                    If Luther not in di list then yuh need to go back and do your homework.

STR8888!
                    Plus, Lazie will be very, very angry at him!

Comment

Interesting List

I told you it would not be easy, and that’s why I made those two helpful suggestions in my previous post.

Lol, “syrupy” is the adjective that came to my mind when I was typing my reply. But you have to admit it’s true (lol).

I’m going to start a new thread with your list later today, and I will place my list immediately below yours in that new thread. Hopefully it can start a discussion on the topic of Great Black Singers (or, to be more accurate, rekindle such a discussion, because we have had it in the past).

My random List:

--Marvin Gaye

--Sam Cook

--Curtis Mayfield

--Barry White

--Michael Jackson

(this is much tougher than I thought Historian)

Oh BTW: Historian I busted outlaughing in Home Depot parking lot.

Why? because you used the term syurpy to describe Aaron Neville's voice

Comment

Working...
                      X