Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CSEC Grade Analysis - How do we fix education in Jamaica

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/pages/cse...ade/#/8/zoomed

It's 61 pages. The value added stats that start on page 42 are interesting. The top academic schools are really 'academic preservers' maintaining the talent that they received through GSAT. How we fix those school with significant negative value added?
    The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

StGC can take heart from the Stats. English and Maths scores trending on general increase over the last 3 years and while they are -3 valued added for English, they are +3 for Maths....with incoming ranks of 14 and 15, respectively. GSAT averages of 84 and 88 respectively.

These schools must first become inspired organizations themselves, in order to inspire the kids.

Comment

Time, I notice you couldn't care less where you post your articles. Please help us keep the website orderly by posting in the correct forum.

Thanks!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
        Time, I notice you couldn't care less where you post your articles. Please help us keep the website orderly by posting in the correct forum.

Thanks!
        Really, is this is where this supposed to go? academics has become 'Other Sports?'
        Last edited by Time; April 3, 2014, 09:55 AM.
        The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Den nuh you putti deh bredren!?

Mi nuh move it yet!

Zas Crise! Time lick him head to rah!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

hehe....him have too much Time pon him hands
            Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

A huge part of the problem lies with work done...lousy work...previous to entering these schools. ...and the other part lies with work done in the high schools.

If we are all agreed that TALENT ABOUNDS...AND IT DOES...then in the teaching lies the 'fault-lines'.
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

I don't believe you. I created it in the everything Jamaican forum. Somebody wanted it hidden and moved it to the other sports forum. How do I check to see where a post was originally placed?

Comment

St G and some of the schools that recruit sport students are doing much better that the scores indicate. The starting GSAT average is actually lower that the calculated value. Students who come on sport scholarship have lower scores that the GSAT entry score for the school and are not factored in the score. However, they are factored in the final exam score.

Comment

You can't check that.

Anyway, we all make mistakes. Some more than others!

I'll move it over.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                      You can't check that.

Anyway, we all make mistakes. Some more than others!

I'll move it over.
                      Dat a fram 12.30+...wah appen?

Mi a guh move hit now!!!
                      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Geez! Tonks!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Good post!
                          ...note that is not a comment on the 'paper'. It shall take some nuff-nuff time reading.

Comment

Working...
                          X