• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dam Chiney Dam!!

Govt talks with China Harbour to dam Bog Walk Gorge
    Thursday, March 27, 2014 | 5:48 PM

Bog Walk Gorge

KINGSTON, Jamaica -- Minister of Transport and Works Dr Omar Davies will sign a MOU with China Harbour Engineering Company (CHEC) to study the feasibility of damming the Bog Walk Gorge in St Catherine to provide a reservoir for the supply of potable water and electricity generation.
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

I believe the Forum's resident engineer, Westman, proposed this a few years ago.

It's an idea that many will not like. The gorge is beautiful, especially early in the morning when the fog begins to lift from the babbling brook.

Not sure where I stand on this. Kingston is tired of water lockoffs, and Lord knows we could use some cheap, renewable energy source. But do we keep destroying our most treasured natural beauties, for the sake of progress and development?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Perhaps the beauty of the gorge can be maintained with a dam in place...given good engineering and no overbuilding. It would just be more waterscape than landscape

The water shortage issues will intensify and extend way beyond the KMR ....to St Catherine & Clarendon, given the scope of developments proposed for the Caymanas & Old Harbour Zones and North-South Highway corridor (Spain Town-Ochi) where commercial, light industrial and residential developments are planned.

Those developments, incidentally, are the reasons explaining why the Chinese fully funded that Spain Town-Ochi highway link (@US$650m) ... to the extent that they also fully refunded NROCC's previous US$120m expenditure on the road

Those developments are not possible without upgraded power & water supplies
      Last edited by Don1; March 28, 2014, 10:22 AM.

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

Chiney enclave nuh muss have water and cheap power ?

Tink Chiney fool like the current owners ?

Comment

Seems to me the "enclave" you prattle about is spreading across south-central Jamaica. I'm not detecting severe spatial limitations for this Chiney "enclave"

Sounds like they'll need a mighty big wall to secure this "enclave"

Time to invest in cement and steel futures

Comment

I hear you, but do we even know the extent of the environmental damage that is constantly being done by the chopping down of trees and antiquated coal burning as a source of energy?

If we could manage get decent and affordable energy to the masses, maybe we would save a lot more of the environment than we would lose.
            "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Chiney port, Chiney road, chiney industral zones, chiney power, chiney water...

I hope dem bring down bout 1 Million chiney.. 'even' out tings...

Comment

Working...
              X