• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multi-Mode Mike mauls Termites over Trains

Mike upset as a gem goes to waste
    Published: Tuesday | March 25, 2014 0 Comments

Arthur Hall, Senior News Editor

Former transport minister, Mike Henry, is flaying the administration over its failure to transform the old railway station on Peachon Street in downtown Kingston into a viable commercial concern.

"Even if you are not going to revive the rail service as I had planned, you can make the Peachon Street facility into a heritage site as part of the rebirth of downtown Kingston," Henry told The Gleaner.
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Haffi 'gree with him here!

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
      Haffi 'gree with him here!
      Rail needs private investment and profitable/value adding operations....not the political showpiece/painted train populist charade that Mike Henry foolishly wasted millions on.
      I saw people getting excited about those painted trains a few years ago...but I knew then it was only good for a few laughs i.e. it was always unsustainable folly

Rail will be a no-brainer for the Chiney dem to develop....supporting a geographically distributed logistics operation. Then passenger service can be integrated on that network and be subsidized by it

I can see in 5-10 years or so a Chiney-driven revitalized light rail line running from Downtown Kingston thru Portmore to the Old Harbour Logistics Zone and on to Mobay/Freeport... with spurs to Caymanas Logistics Zone, North-South Highway Logistics Zone and a Vernamfield Aviation Hub

The Chinese are the best hope for rail

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

Agree with what exactly? Just declaring the station a museum is one thing but how do we make sure it's sustainable?! How many Jamaicans go to museums? Or even know where the national National Gallery is located? As for the Bob Marley museum!

Since we're on to museums, Jamaica is badly in need of a reggae music museum. That I believe will make money, if done right!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

It could be BOTH a train and music museum. See what can happen when we engage the wizzie. Kingston needs to become touristic to pay for itself anyway.

Its the 2nd biggest tourism failure in the world. Marseilles is first. Imagine France is the number 1 tourist country in the world and Paris allows Marseilles to remain an armpit!

As Shatta would say, mi a use mi 3rd eye!

Comment

Then make it attractive for investment. No more excuses.

Do or dont do...there is no "try".

BTW, the publicity stuint was to try to instigate the rail development. recall that Mike H was at odds with BOTH Bruce (memba Virgin) and Holness! Him more closely aligned with Omar pon dis.

Comment

Multi-modal Mike...funny stuff!

He dropped one the other day in Football GPS..."vicissitudes". Wayne Walker was like, haul and pull up dah one deh again, mi boss!

Mike can talk bay phuqery and yuh cyaan help but agree wid him!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

One museum for Music and Sports. Falmouth would be a great location.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
                  Then make it attractive for investment. No more excuses.

Do or dont do...there is no "try".

BTW, the publicity stuint was to try to instigate the rail development. recall that Mike H was at odds with BOTH Bruce (memba Virgin) and Holness! Him more closely aligned with Omar pon dis.
                  Omar ah eediat... and that Mike Henry PR campaign wid di train dem inna flag colors was a $300M misake
                  Last edited by Don1; March 26, 2014, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                    Multi-modal Mike...funny stuff!

He dropped one the other day in Football GPS..."vicissitudes". Wayne Walker was like, haul and pull up dah one deh again, mi boss!

Mike can talk bay phuqery and yuh cyaan help but agree wid him!
                    lol!

Comment

Working...
                    X