• Show
Clear All

• Guilty! How the Kartel trial shamed a nation BY RICARDO BROO

Guilty! How the Kartel trial shamed a nation
    BY RICARDO BROOKS

Monday, March 24, 2014 18 Comments

Print this page Email A Friend!

Guilty! How the Kartel trial shamed a nation

AFTER deliberating for just about two hours, the 11-member jury panel returned its verdict. The three men and eight women found Adidja Palmer, and three of his four co-accused, guilty of the murder of Clive "Lizard" Williams. The verdict has put to rest a legal drama that began in 2011, one which fascinated and mystified the nation, but there were more sinister undercurrents at play here.

As much as my own conscience tells me justice has been done, and as much as I would rather not see any selfless heroism in a convicted murderer, I am unable to shake the feeling that, in the end, Vybz Kartel was able to serve as a living testament, a sacrificial lamb of sorts, for many of the realities dancehall music has explored over the years. Kartel's arrest, trial and conviction put the very state on trial and, on nearly all counts, Jamaica was found guilty.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/colum...ation_16309709
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

This has more balance...than the ......good guys have won...from the columnist Johnson.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

allegations of evidence tampering
      allegations? the forensic experts own records show that evidence was tampered with by unauthorised persons within the police force...Ricardo need to go bone up on the facts

Comment

Working...
      X