Editorial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

we soon find out
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Jawge View Post
      Karl quick question:
      Can nation file for bankruptcy?
      ... Wick'd one JAwge.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Jawge View Post
        Karl quick question:
        Can nation file for bankruptcy?
        Funny you asked...some years ago there was a question on/about Argentina - I think it was...and, after some thought my conclusion was as a practical matter - No!

Can there be a situation where for example an island-state that depends on say the importation of water be unable to find the foreign exchange to pay for government imports?

Yes...but, its peope would come to its = their own - rescue. People have a way of surviving....and, always there is a continuation of a cycle of the rise and fall of nations...and or lands.

So I would say - No!
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
          Funny you asked...some years ago there was a question on/about Argentina - I think it was...and, after some thought my conclusion was as a practical matter - No!

Can there be a situation where for example an island-state that depends on say the importation of water be unable to find the foreign exchange to pay for government imports?

Yes...but, its peope would come to its = their own - rescue. People have a way of surviving....and, always there is a continuation of a cycle of the rise and fall of nations...and or lands.

So I would say - No!
          LAwwd Karl! If you should go to a comedy show, dem would throw yuh out!
          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Working...
          X