I think he just blew it : Jindal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think he just blew it : Jindal

GOP Gov. Bobby Jindal: Racism Wouldn’t Exist If Minorities Would Just Act Like White People (VIDEO)

We still place far too much emphasis on our ‘separateness,’ our heritage, ethnic background, skin color, etc. We live in the age of hyphenated Americans: Asian-Americans, Italian-Americans, African-Americans, Mexican-Americans, Cuban-Americans, Indian-Americans, and Native Americans, to name just a few. Here’s an idea: How about just ‘Americans?’ That has a nice ring to it, if you ask me. Placing undue emphasis on our ‘separateness’ is a step backward. Bring back the melting pot. There is nothing wrong with people being proud of their different heritages. We have a long tradition of folks from all different backgrounds incorporating their traditions into the American experience, but we must resist the politically correct trend of changing the melting pot into a salad bowl. E pluribus Unum.”

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2013/08...ite-no-racism/
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Good for him! I like when their true colours come shining thru!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

They live in their own bubble and truly believe in every "mis-spoken words" that they utter.
      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Never liked that Indian-American from the first time I heard him after Hurricane Katrina.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Doesn't matter, he is preaching to the conservative base. There are Indian-American/Asian-Americans governors in LA & SC, and those residents would unlikely vote for a GOP African-American governor.
          Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

It matters, just in case he is the Republican nominee for president.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

not sure any presidential canidate will be successful without a healthy input from minorities HOWEVER they will have to be mobilised and that could be a challenge.

obama can provide the dems with the blueprint though

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

not sure any presidential canidate will be successful without a healthy input from minorities HOWEVER they will have to be mobilised and that could be a challenge.

obama can provide the dems with the blueprint though

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

The Democrats come off as being lazy and cowardly.
                  Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

I must be missing something because I just read the whole op-ed and see nothing there that looks like political suicide to me. He didn't write anything particularly new or shocking either. Its a fairly common viewpoint among Americans and although not one I completely agree with I wouldn't say it is extreme.

He certainly did not say anything close to "Racism Wouldn’t Exist If Minorities Would Just Act Like White People" in that piece. Did he say that somewhere else?

Here are some other quotes from the piece.

I do believe however, that while racism still rears its ugly head from time to time, America has made significant progress in the half century since Dr. King’s incredible speech.
                    There is nothing wrong with people being proud of their different heritages. We have a long tradition of folks from all different backgrounds incorporating their traditions into the American experience, but we must resist the politically correct trend of changing the melting pot into a salad bowl. E pluribus Unum.
                    Just not seeing anything radical here. Again, I must be missing something.

I don't like Jindal much but this is nothing compared to that pathetic rebuttal to the State of the union he gave a few years ago. I don't think he is presidential material. There are other Republican governors that are much better candidates.
                    Last edited by Islandman; March 24, 2014, 01:58 PM.
                    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

I agree with you, I just threw it out there. I Don't like him.
                      THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Alarmist!!!!

Jindal not too bad...you shoulda see how di Teaparty man dem and the real racist repubs did hangle him a couple years back. He stomach strong to still be in dat setup!

Comment

Working...
                        X