Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 92% of black male teens unemployed in Chicago

92% of black male teens unemployed in Chicago, 83% nationally

Alarming figures about the state of our economy in regards to teenagers have been released. In Chicago, ninety-two percent of African American male teenagers are unemployed. Overall, eighty-three percent of black male teens in the country are without a job.
    From WFLD-TV:
    These shocking numbers released by the Chicago Urban League are one more grim result of Illinois having 600,000 fewer jobs today than we did in the year 2000.
    High school senior Dvante King is one of the lucky ones. He actually found two on-and-off part-time jobs last year. Combined, he earned less than a thousand dollars. However, he was part of the eight percent of African-American male teens in Chicago who did find legitimate work; 92 percent of those age 16-19 were unemployed.
    Read more at WFLD-TV
    Nationwide, 17 percent of black male teens between the ages of 16 and 19 had some type of employment; 12 percent in Illinois, 8 percent in Chicago.
    An earlier study found that overall, employment throughout the world is on the rise.
    What actions/policies/programs should be implemented to address this issue?

http://www.blackyouthproject.com/201...83-nationally/

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This black president has worked out well for the black community.
    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

maybe they are all in college full time?

Comment

...unemployed because they are unemployable!

This is just ONE of Black People reality that is totally within our control.

We spend a lot of time looking ouside for the solution. We blame everything and everyone for this crisis.

The leadership "hustlers" among us almost always suggest tossing money at the problem..as if that's the ultimate remedy....,.

Much more i could say about this>>>>>>>
      The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Unemployable indeed. Zero skills other than gang banging and procreating.

HL check out the Chicagoland documentary series on CNN if you have time. I grieve for the children growing up under the warlike conditions in some of those communities. America can do better, black America MUST do better.
        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Where is that racial hustler Jesse Jackson these days? Black people spend too much time crying over the white man's shoulder about racism everyday. Weak leadership & and lack of desire to improve one's self from within continues to be the downfall. Chicago should feel a better, they are not like that hell hole called Detroit!
          Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

How many blacks do you employ in your establishment, HL?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I do hire Blacks Mosiah....

My comment above about being employable is from experience....
              The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

how much a hour you pay? Maybe I could get a job with you boss. LOL
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
                X