Close call fi Charles! After

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Close call fi Charles! After

telling his constituents that if him nuh deliver piped water he would not return to them asking for their votes. hehehe .. must have had some sleepless nites.

Stolen pipes for water project recoveredSeveral lengths of pipe that were reportedly stolen from a water project in Clarendon have been found. Last week, Member of Parliament for North Central Clarendon, Pearnel Charles, said the pipes, which were acquired to supply water to several communities in his constituency, were stolen.

However, following a public appeal, Mr. Charles disclosed Thursday morning that the pipes were found on a property in the constituency.

He says within the next two weeks some of the communities will receive piped water under the project which is being implemented by the National Water Commission.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

I left jamaica about 30 years ago.
    Two points:
    1. hard to believe that some folks still do not have convenient access to potable water.
    2. Pearnel Charles was still a member of government when I was living in Jamaica!!

Ouestion: Is he (Pearnel Charles) that smart or is it that some Jamaicans are plain stupid?

Lazie 3:16
    Maudib 24:7
    Last edited by HL; May 17, 2007, 04:42 PM.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

"Ouestion: Is he (Pearnel Charles) that smart or is it that some Jamaicans are plain stupid?"

Don't know about Charles being smart, but based on the fact that Jamaicans kept this incompetent gov't in power for 18 years should prove a thing or 2 tuh yuh.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

HL when mi say mi vex with the government nuff man talk all kind a crap but my Grandmother had water a run through her pipe when mi left Jamaica, she had a little canal running about 40 feet from the house and the two pump house within a mile and the 3rd one within 3 miles and she and others have no water. All people who can't afford tank have to buy it.

She have to pay people to ketch water. Approxmimately 4 nights out of the month them get water in the pipe and them have to pay NWC.

My neighbours make numerous complains and I even call NWC from here but it make no sense at all and this right on the border of Portland and St.Mary which have the most rivers in Ja.

My father had a little project and the people in Forth George had to run their own water with my father spearheading it. Tell me now, what is the use of government? More than 60% of Portland and St.Mary have no regular piped water. Only certain places in and around Port Antonio and Buff Bay have access.

Buff Bay and Hope Bay police station rotten down. I could go on and on.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Sass - everybody building house in Portland -even in big PORTIE better have a tank or that black barrel pon top of them house fi ketch wata, and as rain set the whole of Portland wash away.
          Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
          - Langston Hughes

Comment

That "black barrel" is an indictment on the performance of the govt.

And they are ugly as hell too!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Yuh lucky yuh not white.. dem words coulda come back to haunt yuh !

Comment

Originally posted by MdmeX View Post
                Sass - everybody building house in Portland.
                mmmmm????

No progress, says my friends Maudib, Sass, Lazie, etc?

" ...everybody building house in Portland"

mmmmmm????
                "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Pity Butch cyaan build down dere...

Progress ? Not for my eyes...

Easy yuhself Karl Gloudon..

Comment

Karl people have always been building houses, the only difference is the govt has failed to provide water, road and basic service. If the people had it the basic service people would be building 4 or five time the amount.

That would be progress.

People shouldn't have to build inspite of govt policies and failure.
                    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

There is an adage about casting pearls before swine... is rich yuh rich suh ?

Comment

Working...
                      X