No announcement yet.

How to step up from building Pothole Apps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is going to take a while to de-program the Intellectual Ghetto brains.. Silicon Valley Yardies are up to the task doh..

Comment

Only a problem if you are relying on them for innovation.. we are not..

Comment

There you go again.. yapping about something you clearly know very little about..

Comment

well whosoever unnu relying pon fi foster innovative business ideas that solve real problems AND can scale... unnu shudda tek note wid existing successful startup models

An issue could be the limited nature of the project design... more mentoring about the ideation process might be required, especially how to evaluate and test business assumptions before building (this is a biz killer )... using the MVP model, A/B testing, surveys etc

Get Google as a partner.... or develop a Jamaicanized version of Microsoft BizSpark .. Marcelle cyan spearhead dat
          No sense in reinventing the wheel

Not being critical just for the sake of badmind .. I like the project and wish it every success
          TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

I know about the winning App... the "best" product of the exercise. Where is it today??????????

The proof of di puddin...

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

What is the objective of DigitalJam ?

Comment

Um.. I think we have the right people in place.. you are not in a position to be critical.. you don't know enough..

Comment

There you go again. Many of the pundits use to say the first one couldn't happen. Spoke about "new economy" and "old economy".

Some tech stocks are just way overvalued. What is it that can stop Facebook from been Myspace in a few years time? Who could think AOL would be reduced to nothing???
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

You seem to be engaged in a discussion I'm not involved in

Suggest you re-evaluate and try again to address the subject matter...or start your own thread

Comment

ok boss

Let's hope RoboCop is a step up from Mr Pothole

Comment

Guvvament & Babylon Whirl Bank tekking JEEP online??

Comment

What has that got to do with Innovation ?

Comment

FB would have to really mess up to become MySpace.

When your use base is that big and your profitability and liquidity is as high as theirs is, you can buy your way out of a lot of situations. Facebook revenue is now over US$ 10 billion a year with billions in cash , MySpace never got to 1 billion revenue.

That doesn't mean the stock prices are not overvalued but unlike the first dot com boom when very few internet companies had much revenue and almost none had profits, most of this second wave of companies like Uber and airbnb.com have real revenue and much less capital investment
                            "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

It should.. but where do you see the winning App or winners fitting into the scheme of things ?

Do you believe innovation that you see coming out of for example Silicon Valley comes from these types of app competitions ???

I hope that is not your belief..

Comment

True but. they have to do something worthwhile with the cash. Google has build themselves from a search engine to a powerful company. Can remember when they were building their operating system, many were wondering why. I am saying users are fickle and they disappear before you know it. All that value get lost in a few days without a good management team.

I kind of curious about any huge firm that has no real asset or R&D, their main market is getting internet users to join.
                                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
                                X