Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• China stealing Zimbabwe under the US nose

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-0...-over-zimbabwe

Not too sure is this is a good move since China don't have a history of democracy but I guess that they want to stay far from Uncle Sam.

Interesting to note that Zimbabwe discarded its own currently. I don't know much about the subject but I wonder if we should do the same. I am tired of watching the value slide.
    The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

I was once an avid believer in a single caribbean currency,based on strained relationships within the region,the unified front needed to thwart the ensuing assault(the technocrats) will never exist.So I am against it.
    South America seems vetter suited for such a thing.
    The numbers game,there will be relief only on papers,Time.

Comment

Moreso under Englan' nose..........

China has an affinity for corrupt governments.
      The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Not exactly so regarding aid and strategic interest.
        China seems less motivated by polical ideologies,its trading relationship with the US attests to that.
        China is driven by the quest for hegemony,and it is keen on learning from history.
        Its 'affinity' to engage corrupt Govts pales in comparison to the US...
        The dragon is a deadly snake though,a trait of empires.

Comment

A lot of positives to dollarizing but politicians don't like to give up the option of printing their own money when things get really sticky. Sometime when you haffe "run wid it" you need some quick money that only a local currency can provide.

Zimbabwe is such a train wreck that they had no choice but to abandon their currency which was absolutely worthless. I am not talking JA$ 100 to one worthless, I am talking totally worthless. They were printing trillion dollar notes! Inflation was like 200 million percent a year or something like that.

Mugabes legacy has gone from one of the most promising post-independence African leaders to among the absolute worst. Fortunately he appears to be one of the last of his era.
          Last edited by Islandman; March 3, 2014, 06:43 AM.
          "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Don't believe the western hype and propaganda. I-man. I would encourage anybody to take a visit to Zimbabwe and then have a rational discussion.

Comment

I realise they have their agenda and the actual data cannot tell the whole story but when it that extreme, bwoy, hard to dismiss.
              Anyway it seems as if some stability has returned since they made that dollarization move.

Surely Mugabe is well past his expiration date though, wouldn't you agree?
              "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Definitely agree. Unfortunately (or fortunately) he is a healthy 90 but still 90. The next President will likely be a woman as she is the front runner. Things are not always what they seem. You are right his mistake was staying so long.

Comment

political ideologies will come later (especially at the UN).

Comment

It usually does but China is in the evolutionary stages,with a bit of revolution to it.In other words,there is no telling where China will end up.
                    China is peculiar,quite a few Chinese with enormous wealth with business interest abroad.That sect exists,in the end they will figure.

Comment

Benjamin Josiah Hanson (now deceased) was a Mugabe stalwart and defender. When he lived there and visited the US, and in all our conversations, he and his wife, Islyn would caution me "don't listen to the Western press". Well even them had to run from Zimbabwe in 2008.

He had moved to Zimbabwe before 1980.
                      Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                      - Langston Hughes

Comment

wha? him could no longer listen to his own words???
                        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockman View Post
                          Not exactly so regarding aid and strategic interest.
                          China seems less motivated by polical ideologies,its trading relationship with the US attests to that.
                          China is driven by the quest for hegemony,and it is keen on learning from history.
                          Its 'affinity' to engage corrupt Govts pales in comparison to the US...
                          The dragon is a deadly snake though,a trait of empires.
                          This true of Sports too?
                          Peter R

Comment

You question has to be rhetorical,maybe it has been too looong to remember when Pool was an empire.

Comment

Working...
                            X