RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did you know that Rita Marley is Cuban-Jamaican?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did you know that Rita Marley is Cuban-Jamaican?

Rita, according to Wikipedia, was born in Cuba.

Alpharita Constantia "Rita" Marley*(née*Anderson; born 25 July 1946), is a Cuban-Jamaican singer and the widow of*Bob Marley.
    Not correct to describe her as Cuban-Jamaican in my view.

I understand she is not in the best of health. Does anyone have the facts?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

I thought you knew that, cho man..Where is x?

Comment

You mean she's Cuban?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

heard she was born in cuba

Comment

I didn't.

Comment

yep a lot of Cubans came to Jamaica in that era.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Thought it was the other way around?!?!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Only ninety miles away, probably many people here have some Cuban connection and have no clue. Alberto Juantareno (not sure bout that spelling) the most famous Cuban track man had two Jamaican grandparents.

Comment

https://www.canninghouse.org/media-c...-latin-america

Comment

That's my understanding too.

My great grandfather used to go to Cuba to work on the sugar cane plantations quite a few times. Given his record in Jamaica of more than a dozen children ( only about half with his wife) I am certain he left his mark in Cuba as well.
                    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

I have family who were born in Cuba to migrant workers from Jam. In fact a few years ago, my cousin travelled to Cuba and discovered that we still have some relatives, who were born and still reside there.

Mix-up bad. Not to menton Panama.........
                      Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                      - Langston Hughes

Comment

I have some family members(not immediate) who came from Cuba. As a kid I can remember one of the older ladies who didn't speak much English. The kids about don't have a lot of knowledge about Cuba but some where born there but grew up in Ja.
                        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

One or two instances of this happening...yuh know what, I'm jumping off this train while I can.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

It is not just one family that I know but a few others as sometimes people with the same heritage may meet and talk to each other about their families.

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                              You mean she's Cuban?
                              Yep. She was born in Santiago de Cuba. Bob Marley's mother is actually from Haiti(so said my reliable source)

Comment

Working...
                              X