Big up Roger. Mango we say.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big up Roger. Mango we say.

Approval given for mango exports to the U.S.

6:03 am, Tue February 4, 2014

Agriculture Minister Roger Clarke says the US authorities have given Jamaica the green light to export mangoes to that country.
    According to the Minister Jamaica is not expected to face any competition based on the quality of the fruit locally.
    He says the search is now on for an investor to establish a hot wash plant, to prepare the mangoes for export.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Appealing to the taste buds,oh sweeeet mango.
    Welcomed news.

Comment

Sass, I hope they don't over price themselves out of the market.

Is that for all varieties of mangoes?

What is the cost of a hot wash plant?

Comment

Good news but I am not sure I agree with this statement:

Jamaica is not expected to face any competition based on the quality of the fruit locally
        All the islands should have the same quality of fruit locally, more or less. Whether that will translate into the same quality of fruit on a supermarket shelf will, I believe, depend on production and transportation quality.
        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Given our penchant to phuq up a good thing we should never be this complacent about anything. Our ginger is the best in the world yet those who want it can't get it. And such stories abound!

Kmt!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Hey, a Julie in Jamaica taste the same way as a Julie in Antigua!
            Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
            - Langston Hughes

Comment

Yuh see you! Yuh think yuh easy!

snicker

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
              X