The Gleaner online

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Gleaner online

now wants its readers to sign up for a monthly subscription....I guess I will be reading more of the Observer now for my Jamaican news.
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Idiots.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
      now wants its readers to sign up for a monthly subscription....I guess I will be reading more of the Observer now for my Jamaican news.
      I don't know, I am just asking? isn't the subscription to the ePaper which
      is similar to the observer's subscription to their ePaper?

http://epaper.jamaica-gleaner.com/member/

https://mail.jamaicaobserver.com/epaperlive/login.asp

Comment

Observer is free....so far.
        Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
          Try using IE... the Gleaner security filter is not reading that on my computer and I get access
          TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

they have their section that they charge for but it is different from the regular online version. Most of Mark Wignall article is in the paid section.

Gleaner going to lose clients. What they want to charge, many will not pay for it.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Right, dem ah tek di **** wid people

Comment

Many media houses are going the Freemium route....give away some content, like a certain number of articles per month but have premium content reserved for paid users. It has worked well for some like the Wall Street Journal.

Me nuh know if the Jamaican demographic can support that model for news, but we will see.
                "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Yep! All of a sudden, the Newsletter is my reading material of choice!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

diaspora...

people can the rock will just pick up a newspaper if and when they want it....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Yeah that must be what they are thinking.

Freemium models typically don't anticipate more than 5-10% paid subscribers, but that is enough to make it work financially.
                      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

It is the same thing in the US, newpapers losing dollars faster than a Kardashian losing her draws. It's the same issue with the NY Times etc? Wha dem fi do? Unuh love too much freeness....
                        Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

well people get them news diffrantly now so we nuh need newspaper fi dat.

Comment

they have to be careful what they charge for and how. less reader may mean less advertisement dollar. Them have to leggo a little bit a freeness.
                            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I bet dem haffi rescind dat nonsense in a couple months!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                              X