Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best public transP in Kingston,ever!!

http://www.tramz.com/jm/ki.html

Very charming images Stoni. You might even get people with moist eyes nostalgic and hankering for bygone colonial days after viewing the imagery

The trams (maybe) were suitable when Kingston had low population density...and low usage intensity for public transport. I've never seen a study analysing whether they were a good solution for public transport generally at the time though... but they were definitely picturesque

However in today's high throughput transport environment... trams won't cut it
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Yes, in reality I can just see man and man ah hang on the side, conductor would probably have to carry some munitions and even then that might just make it worst. There is one of the pictures from 1944 where Nuff man ah hang off the side, look like sey indiscipline deh bout long time.

I could see a nice little one or two line system like that working in Mandeville, Port Antonio or in Ocho Rios and really adding some good value both in terms of convenient mass transP as well as adding a little charm to the scene.

Would be pretty cool to run a line from say the market to Dunns river and Dolphin cove and then another one to the top of fern gully, sweet ride coming down, very picturesque. That could probably turn a nice profit if well run.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonigut View Post
        Yes, in reality I can just see man and man ah hang on the side, conductor would probably have to carry some munitions and even then that might just make it worst. There is one of the pictures from 1944 where Nuff man ah hang off the side, look like sey indiscipline deh bout long time.

I could see a nice little one or two line system like that working in Mandeville, Port Antonio or in Ocho Rios and really adding some good value both in terms of convenient mass transP as well as adding a little charm to the scene.

Would be pretty cool to run a line from say the market to Dunns river and Dolphin cove and then another one to the top of fern gully, sweet ride coming down, very picturesque. That could probably turn a nice profit if well run.
        ok boss... I agree

BTW... you had asked about some of my sources on tech biz... apart from the usual suspects like Wired, TechCrunch, Mashable etc.... recently I've latched on to Quartz and get their daily briefings. Concise and interesting insights
        TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Nice, Quartz looks interesting, will dig in a little on that.

Comment

Working...
          X