RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Super Rich 85 vs 3.5 Billion poor = Capitalism Gone Maaad..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

True the environment cannot sustain the type of consumption we are seeing more and more of.

However.....suppose, just suppose a major breakthrough is found in the way we produce energy which leaves a footprint which is considerably less than what exists presently, wouldn't that be a game changer? Not simply a technical breakthrough, but one which is commercially viable.

It is going to be near impossible to convince people in the newly emerging middle classes of the world that they should not want many of the things that those in the West have. Also let us not forget that many of these people yearn for things like automobiles, battery powered mobile devices, heaters, gas/electric stoves, all tools which make us far more productive. I wish that everyone who wants them was able to afford them.

It seems to me therefore that the more practical way to avoid the conflict and wars that you correctly predict is not to try and limit consumption per se, but to reduce, drastically perhaps, the footprint that consumption leaves behind.
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Yes I agree mostly with what you say...

I am not saying that people should not improve their living standard via consuming more. I'm saying that the model that people/nations collectively frame their expectations within...should be sustainable

We can look again at Scandinavia... very rich with the world's highest HDI... but they have a philosophy of moderation/sharing which leads to less consumption than that encouraged by American consumer & corporate philosophies which so many worldwide adopt as their standard
      TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

"All war is essentially about resource competition" or the lack of it... can't forget that.

PJ would say "more man have more cars"
        I don't understand the relevance of this guy or what he was yappin about

So why the communist fight, is it because of the American media??? China and Japan doing well so maybe they can just drink a juice and relax then?
        Whether communist or capitalist... the rationale for war does not change. It's about human nature not isms

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

cho.. dat cyaan test Jamaican Economics in the 90's...

Comment

Originally posted by Muadib View Post
            cho.. dat cyaan test Jamaican Economics in the 90's...

"The largest transfer of resources from the poor to the rich since slavery was abolished"

ahh bwoy.

Comment

Originally posted by X View Post
              War from within or out,maybe both ?
              that's a very good question

Comment

Working...
              X