RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Observer EDITORIAL: Five signs that Jamaican prosperity is..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ahm.. yuh trying to top A.J. Nicholson ?

I notice yuh dump Omar and ah heng on to Petah now.. yuh nuh easy..

Comment

Dump Omar?! Mi never know mi name prime minister!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
        Dunno. I do know that you and Sass and other like-minded persons going to need some support when Hero Peter becomes the LKY of the Caribbean.

mi belly!!!
        TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Nope mi nuh clam dat... mi juss notice early signs of a turnaround

If dat manifest mi waan jump pon di boat before it leff port...nat afta

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

is this what they call "poised for take off"? do you know whether similar articles have been written in the last 10-15 years?

yuh remember a politicain dem used to call "the pipeline man"?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Make the man dem have fun nuh. All of a sudden the man them who had all the chat and all the facts and who had all the history in context throwing it all through the window.

You figget 15 years ago is a long time? Wi in the 21 century now.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

There is a confluence of positive developments emerging in Jamaica.... mostly not related to politicians.... but which can be made to blossom by correct economic & political policy. There are clues that the MOF especially has a handle on the fiscal elements of policy and also the Minister of Justice in driving legal reforms forced on the GoJ by the IMF.

The jury is still out on other political actors...and also on the private sector which is backward in general but showing signs of innovation e.g. Red Stripe's cassava project

This situation is new, promising...and bears watching
                Last edited by Don1; January 17, 2014, 03:26 PM.

Comment

early signs of turnaround ?

like wha suh ?

Comment

Originally posted by Muadib View Post
                    early signs of turnaround ?

like wha suh ?
                    Too many clues to list...start by reading yuh Hero Butch's editorials of yesterday & today
                    Last edited by Don1; January 17, 2014, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Damn, you beat me to it! LOL.

There are indeed some signals that all is not yet lost, but we have been here before, many times. Opportunities are always there, it's all about execution , overcoming the inevitable obstacles and delivering results.

Nonetheless it is good to know that some private sector leaders are feeling more positive about the economic prospects. A few green shoots are better than no shoots.

Who was the pipeline man again, I think it was Robertson?
                      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

yeah robertson.

my main grouse is that there are touts saying that "government has done everything that they need to do to facilitate growth and that it is now for the private sector to step up" ...

not true .... the gov't is the primary benficiary of high jps bills and is not investing as it should in alternate energy. but let us say that is a private sector initiative, is the government thrilled about that?

the talk of GCT on fuel has disappeared, but how does that encourage investment? it dirves up the cost of everything to the consumer and reduces their disposable income.

have not heard anything about tax holidays or incentives for investing or re-investing ... anyway from where i sit, stuff is going on.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

How about some small business initiatives? Nuff closing or letting staff go, chaffing under the pressure.

Good talk.
                          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

as well ... good talk that tuh...

Comment

Originally posted by Rockman View Post
                              Jamaica becoming an agrarian country is inevitable but currently there is no movement that would suggest it is being prioritized.
                              Agree with everything else though.
                              Jamaica becoming an agrarian country?
                              Exactly what do you mean, Rockman?

Agriculture being our major area driving economic advances? ...or only that there shall be far, far greater productivity within and from the agriculture sector?

...and I ask that within the context of our limited land mass and an explanation on how, for example, we could benefit from scientific research and development (from our labs - past example of research and development never capitalized on - Dr. Lecky's work with cattle) to an extent of such magnitude that we become world 'big' player...
                              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Thought so...

Yapping Central...

Comment

Working...
                                X